21

Rachel's POV

A girl can dream and believe me. Dreams do come true. If someone had told me that day of the conference that I will be sitting here today and Dan holding me like this.

I would have sent them to a mental asylum.  I'm not sure as to what is going on between the two of us. But my feelings for Dan are becoming stronger everyday.

I think my plan is backfiring on me. I decided to go out with Dan, just to put myself back in the dating game. This was supposed to be fun with a bad boy. Now I am not so sure.

"What are you thinking?" 

"Nothing" Dan rolls his eyes at my response.

" I think we should dance so that you don't fall asleep. I know my arms are comfortable but this is not your pillow Miss Smith."

"But there is no music." 

"Don't underestimate me Miss Smith, I came prepared." He takes out his phone. Then I hear John Legend's song start to play. He increases the volume and puts his cellphone on the table. Our wine glasses are on the table as well.

"Shall we." He extends his hands to me. We start dancing.

His hands are on my waist and mine on his neck. I am looking directly into his eyes as we are swaying. The sky is full of stars and I swear it feels like one of those Cinderella stories.

"I can't believe that you have 'all of me' saved on your phone."

"Jason sent it to me as a joke. But I guess I should be grateful to him. Otherwise, I would not have had this moment." He looks directly at my me now.

My heart is beating fast now and it does not help that he is looking at me as if I am the only girl in the world.

"You are beautiful."

I did even get a chance to respond. I stopped breathing as Dan brings his mouth closer to mine.

He hesitates for a moment. I think he was seeking permission from me. When he notices that I don't move away. 

He kisses me. I respond automatically to him. It seems like I had no choice since I met him. My entire body is attuned to him. I melt in his arms. He pulls me even more closer. Its feels like there are butterflies in my stomach.

The kiss is not rushed. It is slow. As if he is taking his time to savour this precious moment.

I break the kiss as I am finding it difficult to breath.

Both of us don't want to let go. Dan kissed my forehead and rested his head on mine allowing both us to catch our breaths.

I notice that the song is still playing on  the background. Dan must have put it on repeat.

" I don't want this night to end." Dan whispers in my ear.

"Me too."

That is all it took for Dan to kiss me again. But the pace of the kiss has changed, it is more demanding. As if he wants more.

"Do you want to go back inside?" I ask him when he breaks the kiss.

"Sure,lead the way Miss."

We get our wine glasses and Dan takes his cellphone and switches off the music.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>