16

Daniel's POV

"I thought I should come and see for myself this mood that everybody has been talking about."  Monica walks into my office.

"Feel free to walk into my office without an appointment." I teased her.

"I checked with your secretary and she said you have no appointments this morning."

" I should fire my secretary as she does not know my schedule properly." I take on a serious look now. I can see that Monica is panicking now.

"Gotcha" I laughed as I could not keep the serious face anymore.

"What are the gossip columns saying about me today?"

"Rumour has it that you have stopped your lemon diet."

"Really is that what you guys have been saying behind my back."

"Don't blame me but you must admit. Your mood has been really sour for the past few weeks."

"Wait a minute, in actual fact since you came back from the conference. And yesterday you mentioned that your met Rachel there."

Talking about Rachel makes me realise that I have a date with her tomorrow and I have not even texted her the address of the restaurant as I promised. I cannot give her an opportunity to change her mind.

"Just hold on a second Monica, I have an important text to send."  I quickly text Rachel and I cannot stop the smile on my face.

"Where were we?" 

"Don't worry I got my answers Mr Carter. Here are the Interim Report files you were looking for."

"You could have sent your secretary to drop these?"

"Where is the fun in that? And miss the opportunity to witness such exciting events."

"I have now confirmed that Rachel Smith is the reason for the end of the sour season. Don't worry your secret is safe with me Sir."

Monica leaves my office and I am not surprised she figured out my source of happiness since her father is a detective.  I guess investigating skills run in the family.

                                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>