19

Rachel's POV

It is Friday afternoon and I am getting ready to go to Dan's apartment. We have been chatting on whatsapp the whole week. Dan asked for my personal number on Wednesday night. No actually demanded my number.

 He blackmailed me and said he would send me inappropriate images on my work phone. So I had no choice, I gave in and I really could not put it pass Dan not to do something like that. 

It has not been a bad idea at all. We have been also checking each others statuses and Dan posts the most hilarious memes ever.

Jess advised me to wear the navy blue lace dress.

"Rach, it is conservative and sexy in a way. You must get to eat the delicious dinner prepared for you. And not be the meal."

I wanted to wear my favourite white dress. But looking at it now, it is shorter than Jess's option. It looks like I am asking for it.

"Yes , you are asking for it." My subconscious thoughts say. 

"Fine. I admit. I like Dan. Happy now?"

I think I am going to wear the navy blue dress. I really do not want to look  desperate.

I get to the address that Dan gave me. I told Dan the colour and model of my car, so I'm guessing he informed the security guards at the gate as they let me into the complex with no hassles.

This is a posh area and upper class side of the city. So I am not suprised that this complex has a driveway. Look like there is a playground as well. I just drove past a massive swimming pool as well.

I finally reach the complex building that Dan told me about. I drive to the entrance of the underground garage. I check my text messages and punch the code Dan gave me.

After parking my car I go to the lift. Dan said his apartment is on the top floor.  I'm guessing it is a penthouse.

I reach his door. I'm nervous all of the sudden. Calm down Rachel, it is just Dan. You can do this.

After giving myself that pep talk. I ring the bell and wait.

Dan opens the door and I am speechless. 

He looks hot. He is wearing a jean and a golf t-shirt.

 It looks like he just took a shower since his hair is a bit wet. My throat feels dry now and I swallow. 

I wonder how it would feel if I run my hands on his hair?

People like Dan should come with a warning. This is not fair.

"Like what you see?" Dammit Rachel, could you not be subtle in checking out the poor guy.

"Don't flatter yourself Danny boy." I say and I walk into his apartment, no that is understatement. I should actually say house.

"You are right on time Rachel, I like punctual. Keep it up." I know that statement has a double meaning. He is still torturing me about being late at work this week.

"You look beautiful." 

"Thanks, you don't look bad yourself Danny boy."

"I told you to stop calling me that. I only tolerate Jason and I cannot and I refuse to add another person to that list."

" Oh come on, Danny boy. Lighten up will you?"  I like that I can push his buttons a little. It is the best form of punishment for him for being good looking and disarming me of my senses.

Right now I just feel like skipping dinner and suggesting we go straight to dessert. 

My God Rachel you need to get a grip.

"Penny for your thoughts."  Dan says and I blush. I hope he didn't notice.

"Shall we get this over with."

"Impatient are we? Where are you rushing off to Rachel?"

Dan leads me to his kitchen and I must say it one state of the art design.  It smells so good in here as well. I am so glad that my other senses are functioning now. He must really be a good cook.

"Where did you learn to cook?"

"Edith taught me."

I raised my eyebrows at him. I can't help but feel  a little jealous. Is Edith an ex-girlfriend? I can't even cook, Dan is going to be so bored with me.I wont be able to teach him anything.

"Stop murdering Edith in your head. She is my housekeeper. She was my family's babysitter and one of the cooks. I just got attached to her.  I would spend my time in the kitchen with her when I was younger."

That is a relief. I release my breath that I was not even aware I was holding.

"You will meet her soon.  She doesn't work on Friday and weekends. I hired her to be my housekeeper as I didn't think she was appreciated by my mother."

Geez, it looks like Dan is planning on keeping me around for a longer time than I anticipated. 

I don't know I'm also sensing some bad blood between him and his mother.

I can see that Dan has finished dishing up the food and I must say. It does look appetizing.

I am glad that he did not go over the top with the table set-up. No candles but it is still decorated nicely.

He gestures to me to come and join him in the table. I take my wine glass with me that I have been drinking since I got here.

He pulls the chair for me.

"This dinner better be good. I am not ordering takeout after smelling all this food."

"I promise you that after eating this food, you will never miss take out again."

"You are that cocky."

I take my fork and I taste the lasagna. Damn this boy can cook. 

"Not bad." I say.

 Actually I should be saying more than this but I don't want to boost his ego. It is already big as a giant mountain.

"Really Rachel" He smirks.

"Is that all you have to say. Don't worry though, I know your genuine thoughts. I can read your facial expressions." He winks at me.

"Fine,fine. It is really good. You are an excellent cook."

"Thank you."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>