Clouds

The hustle and bustle of the airport used to be my favourite thing to watch, but today with the nerves building up inside of me about moving to LA and studying Psychology, a dream of mine for so long is just in front of me. I'm speechless.

"Alright, you have everything you need now? Remember dad and I will go to the post office as soon as it's opened in the morning and get the boxes in the trunk of the car shipped out to you" My mom asks for the 10th time since we walked inside the airport. "I know mom, I've got everything I need right now and if I need anything else from you I will call you as soon as I land..I promise" she smiles and hands me the coffee and muffin she fetched at the cafe whilst me and my dad exchanged an emotional goodbye.

"Ok..I guess this is it" I breath outwards and throw my bag over my shoulder, Side hugging my mum careful of not dropping the coffee down her perfectly ironed blouse.

"I love you both" I chirp as I walk towards my gate with the largest smile.

---

The flight is quick and quiet. Evening flights are definitely something I need to invest in within the future. After packing away my headphones and few other bits that I had to entertain me on the flight I stand to leave the plane.

If I remember correctly my dad has arranged for his old college friend Oscar to pick me up out front and take me to the residence hall to avoid the "Confused" taxi drivers as my dad was calling them. Even though the idea of calling an Uber seems fancy, meeting one of my dads friends from UCLA might relax my nerves. My dad attended UCLA where he met my mother, one of the many reasons they wanted me to take up the same school. But I had intentions of coming out here for the all round sun, and opportunity too.

After retrieving my luggage I head outside to spot Oscar, who I had only met through Skype video where my dad asked him to pick me up. "ALIYAH" I jump and turn my head to a grey haired man in a suit standing next to a long black car.

"Hiya" I smile as I walk towards him, he quickly helps me with my luggage and I climb into the car. The car smells slightly of mint and is definitely expensive. My dad must have missed out the part where he tells me he may be the richest person I've ever met.

"Alrighty, UCLA Huh?" He starts to make conversation as he follows the exit out of the airport.

"Yeah..I wanted to study psychology from as soon as I knew what it was and my parents were always dreaming of at least one of their children attending UCLA like them. Of course Kane and Kyle are not really heading in that direction at the moment" I laugh softly and he joins me.

"Well..Boys will be boys" He smiles and turns the radio on in the background.

We chat back and forth on the way to Campus, the evening lights of Los Angeles glisten. I discover he married a woman from college too, together they had five children and remained in California. They divorced last year, he described it as "Bitter sweet" and that he opened several businesses since then to keep himself occupied. Which explains the fancy car.

"You see that?" Oscar points to a brown building in the distance and a smile overcomes my face. "We're here!" I gasp and he laughs softly, driving in the gates.