Don't Hold Back

Hey babe, No planned parties tonight if you want to catch a bite to eat then maybe stay at my dorm? I read the text from Colby, still half asleep. Groaning I climb out of bed and send a quick return text Sure, heading to the gym. See you tonight x

"Morning." I croak to Rose, she smiles at me. "You're glowing." I nod, I do have to say I noticed a massive improvement in my mood after yesterday's chat with Colby. "Any plans for the day?" I ask, standing to my feet and fixing up my bed.

"Nope, you?" I turn to her after fixing my pillows. "I was heading to the gym if you want to come. Kat's parents are in town so there's no parties apparently so I'm hanging with Colby tonight." I grab my makeup bag and sit cross legged on my bed.

"I'll come to the gym and maybe hang with my mom tonight" she begins to make her own bed. I lift a brow "How're things going with her?" I ask, applying some mascara. "Good, we've been in contact, even if it's just via text." I smile. "That's good."

I opt to only apply mascara, tying up my hair I rummage through my dresser for my gym clothes that I have yet to make use out of. Roselyn's phone pings and she frowns at her phone, I finish pulling my leggings over my legs. "What's wrong?" I ask.

She shrugs, "Kendall text me and asked her to meet her at Brennen's house tonight." I widen my eyes a little, almost laughing. "What the fuck? Seriously?" She nods, although remains straight faced. I really thought Kendall was good for Rose, although they did hit it off from the start it did seem a little rushed. But even if Kendall and Brennen are close, I don't think she would hurt Rose.

"Are you going to go?" I ask, adjusting my top. "Of course not. Well, I'll maybe ask Colby what he thinks I should do." I lift a brow, she's asking Colby for advice which is a rather strange thing to hear from her. I pass her Colby's number and she sends him a text before beginning to get ready herself.

"I mean she's only asking you to come by because she knows you'll take Aliyah and it'll fuck with me." Colby drags a hand through his hair in frustration. He didn't even respond to the text Roselyn sent and instead knocked furiously on the door, we've been here since and our gym time is slipping from us.

"Well why don't I go and you two just hang back just incase I need you." Rose says, taking a seat cross legged on her bed. "No, the three of us will go..in fact, four, I'll get Sam to drive." I look at him confused and he just shakes his head, "If he wants to fuck with you, or Rose, I want to give him a piece of my mind." I sigh, standing to my feet.

"Fine. But as soon as anything kicks off the whole four of us are out of there and straight back to the dorms." I fold my arms and Colby smirks before stepping forward and pecking my cheek. "Where are you two going?" He asks, turning to the door.

"Gym." He raises a brow at my answer and I roll my eyes. "We'll be back in an hour. Don't worry." He laughs quietly before exiting the room and we follow.

I'm grateful that the gym is close by to the dorms, and it's empty. Music fills the room making it easier to work out, I don't usually go to the gym often so I wouldn't say I'm a fitness expert, I just jump on the treadmill and bikes for an hour and hope that's good enough.

"I'm nervous y'know." Rose says, running at the same pace as me. "About tonight?" I ask, looking at her before returning my focus on the large glass windows that fill the place.

"Yeah, I mean it's probably just a party but it's strange right?" I nod, she's right. The invite after their breakup is a little heartless, but she could just be missing her. We can't think negative just yet, and there is also nothing been said about why we are even going.

"I'm sorry it'll be fine. Just keep working out, it's good for the brain. It'll help clear the thoughts." She lifts a brow at me, "Okay Dr. Aliyah." I giggle, upping the speed.

"Wow." Colby mutters, pulling me in from the waist, suddenly my cheeks flush from Sam and Rose staring. I'm wearing a tight fitted black dress and some black heels, we all decided to dress fancy so at least part of us seemed brave enough to go to Brennen's house.

"Alright alright. It's 6:30, we should get going." I nod at Sam who leads the way, I follow behind hand and hand with Colby, which right now feels like the safest place in the world.