Shop Till You Drop

The stack of pancakes in front of me are making my stomach growl. I take a sip from the orange juice I ordered and begin to eat. The mall is quiet but it is just hitting 12 noon so many hungover college students have probably not awoke.

"So the details Aliyah! You're killing me here!" Roselyn complains as she takes a bite out of her Nutella covered pancake. "Ok well, I was out in the hallway the first night on campus, still getting a feel for the place I fiddled with the door to the shower room where I hear Sam and Colby having an argument outside their dorm." I begin and she sits forward, listening intently. "What was the argument about?" She asks and I shrug, "They sorted it I suppose." I take a bite out of my pancake before continuing. "On my way to class the day after Colby followed me and apologised for the commotion, which by the way, I made myself obvious to have witnessed" I laugh, "We had our, what's your name what's my name conversation and parted, and then you and I go to the pier, I already had met Jake as we are in the same classes so when you left me with him, He lead me to his friends, where Sam and Colby were." I take a breather, letting her catch up and to let me take a bite.

"So then, we're sitting chatting and I continue to drink. I realised maybe I was drinking too much so I set off to find you, which he felt obliged to help with. He guided me a little then when I told him I studied Psychology he ran off" I frown as does she. I go on to tell her that we return back to campus I had the moment with Jayde and Iris in the toilets and the next morning he sees me in the hallway, I tell her about my rush of confidence which sent him away. She questions it and then I finish off by telling her about our moment after I decided he'd be the perfect person for my project.

"He likes you" she concludes, finishing off her last bit of pancake. I laugh, cheeks flushing, "I'm not here for a relationship Rose." She rolls her eyes and we finish up before heading for the first shop.

"We really need to find a costume for tonight" Rose reminds me as we walk into Urban Outfitters. I nod, "What are you thinking? Sexy or Silly" I giggle and she joins me. "I think majority of the girls will be aiming for Sexy, we should too" she shrugs and I look away, I'm not too fond of this decision but for a college costume party, it's expected.

We walk around the store for about fifteen minutes. I find a few summery dresses that would be good for the LA weather. I also purchase some new white trainers. Rose has spent a lot more money than me and is carrying several bags after we finish off in a few more stores. "There is a Halloween costume story just at the end of this floor" she tells me as we walk. I nod and she tells me she's going to grab a smoothie from a juice bar. I decide to meet her at the store. It's quite surprising that there is a Halloween store in August. The shop is covered in different costumes and colour and it's pretty quiet which is good so we can take our time.

By the time Rose has joined me I've found a sexy nurse and cat costume which aren't too revealing. She tries to talk me into going for more but I laugh it off and go for the cat costume in the end. She goes for a devil which is a lot more revealing than my own. "Do you think Sam and Colby could give us a ride back to campus?" She asks as we walk back to the mall entrance. I laugh and she frowns, "What?" I roll my eyes. "They're not our personal driver Roselyn. I'll call a cab". We wait outside for about ten minutes before the cab shows up, climbing inside with all our bags we set off.

---

Campus is quiet when we return, typical for a Saturday. Roselyn heads off back to the dorms with our bags and I decide to take a trip to the library to fit in some studying before we have to party. I place my bag onto the table next to a computer to do some research for mine and Colby's next psychiatrist meeting. My phone buzzes taking me from my own little bubble, I look down at the text.

ALIYAH! Me and Will miss you so much <3 - Frannie I smile down at my phone, things have been so crazy I almost forgot about my best friends back home in Arizona.

Frannie omg, How're you?! I'm so sorry for not texting sooner x I text back, placing my phone back on the side to finish typing up something on the computer.

I'm amazing, as is Will. We miss you though, When are you coming back to visit?! Or better, when can we come visit? UCLA looks amazing compared to Phoenix Uni :(

I laugh quietly before texting back I'll not be back until Thanksgiving I'm afraid! Why don't you guys come next weekend?

We text back and forth for another few minutes, they agree to come visit next weekend and they'll book a hotel off campus. I take my time to finish off my work, printing off a list of needed questions for Colby and shoving them into my bag and head back to campus to begin getting ready.

"Hey" I smile as I walk through the door to our room, Roselyn is already sat at her desk and applying makeup. I tell her about Frannie and Will coming to visit and she excitedly responds with a "Can't wait" and with that I turn the music up that is playing through the room and begin to get ready.

We chat back and forth about random shit whilst we get ready. I apply darker makeup around my eyes and apply a little black dot on the ball of my nose and some whiskers. I finish it off with a nude gloss and slide into my cat outfit which I've paired with some fishnets and black heels. "How'd I look?" I strut back and forth in the middle of our dorm and Roselyn laughs, "Sexy!" She squeals and I compliment her look, we snap up some selfies before heading out the dorm door as the time reads 6:45pm.

Roselyn and I decide to walk despite the over exposed costumes, she opens up google maps on her phone and we follow the sidewalk to Kat's off campus house.

A few cars drive past full of college students who honk their horns making me uncomfortable but Rose loves it. We can hear the sound of music blasting through the street as we walk down it and the closer we get the louder it is.

"It's a bit crowded huh?" I comment, my mouth going dry from the heat. "Yep, Look at all these people in crazy costumes?" She replies with a laugh. I nod and we walk inside together. The smell of alcohol hitting us straight away.