Rekindling Friendships

The faint sound of New Light by John Mayer fills the car, waking me from a deep sleep. I sit forward, groaning at the sudden burst of light that hits my face. "Morning" Colby's voice croaks, I look at him, as if I feel asleep cuddling Colby Brock. "Oh" I mumble, he laughs, reaching for his phone. "What is this?" I ask, referring to the music playing through the stereo. "I thought it'd wake you" He shrugs, sitting forward himself.

I look around, the car is still covered in blankets and I know my back is going to ache at the uncomfortable sleeping position I had all night in the back of this car. Last night is still very clear in my head, Colby is a hopeless romantic. It's shocked me, I cannot lie. The Breakfast Club playing on the drive in cinema screen last night was the best moment of all, I remember being so happy and I never wanted to leave Colby's side, I guess I didn't.

"We should go grab breakfast" Colby says, opening the trunk and climbing out, I follow his lead, grabbing my shoes and sliding them on. "Actually Colby, If you don't mind, can you take me back to the dorms?" I look at him, his face falls so I give him a slight smile. "I abandoned Will and Frannie, I really should hang with them" I laugh and he lifts his brows, "Oh shit, I completely forget about that, Sorry A." I shake my head, "It's ok".

I climb into the passenger seat after helping Colby sort his trunk out and he climbs into the drivers seat. "If you want, there's going to be a party in Kat's tonight again, not a costume party or anything" I look at him, "Oh, I'll ask if Will and Fran want to come, I'll text you." he nods, turning the music up in the car as we set off.

The journey back to the dorms isn't long as we were at the skatepark. I give Colby a quick peck on the cheek before climbing out the car with my belongings. He follows behind me and I almost question it before realising we share the same dorm building. He grabs my hand as we enter the elevator. "You thought you were getting rid of me huh" He teases and I roll my eyes, leaning into him.

"No. I forgot, it's been a crazy night" I laugh, we step out together and he turns to me once we're outside my room. "Well, did you enjoy it?" He asks, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. I nod, smiling up at him. He leans forward, connecting his lips with mine. I almost forgot what his lips felt like and the nostalgia makes me weak at the knees. I kiss back, placing a hand on the side of his cheek, we pull back after a moment.

"I'll text you" I breath, stepping away from him, he sends me a wink before turning on his heels and heading off in the direction of his and Sam's dorm. Our dorm is cold when I enter, I look at Rose who is sat perfectly on her bed, earphones in. I close the dorm and walk to the window, closing it which startles her. "Oh hey" she says, I smile at her, placing my things onto my bed. "Hello" I hum, "Where were you?" She asks, pushing her books to the side and turning to me.

I sit down on the bed with my robe in my hand, "Oh it was amazing Rose! He took me to a fancy restaurant and then, he surprised me by taking me to the drive in cinema at the skatepark" I widen my eyes, standing to my feet again to grab my toiletry bag. "Sounds like fun" she laughs quietly, I look at her, "Did Will and Fran have fun?" She shrugs, "I tried to keep them fascinated by Santa Monica Pier Aliyah, you did say you'd only be a couple hours." I sigh, looking away. "Yeah sorry, I got carried away. I'll make it up to them today. You coming to Kat's party tonight" Roselyn's face changes from fed up to happy in a few seconds "Of course, Kendall will be there" she winks and I laugh, walking back out to the hall and heading for the showers.

—-

"We can go on the open top bus" I talk Will and Fran into getting up to some touristy things today after they made it clear they weren't happy with me. They were both stubborn as hell when I entered the room about fifteen minutes ago, but after I stole some of their left over breakfast food and apologised a good few times, they have started to change their tune. "Okay, that could be cool. I really would like to do some shopping too" Fran says, I nod. "Well perfect! I'm taking you guys to a proper LA College Frat party tonight." I wink, standing from the bed to my feet.

"What?" Will laughs, picking up his phone and wallet. I roll my eyes, "You'll enjoy it, trust me" I smile, following behind them as we leave the hotel. Luckily, the open top bus pick up is just next to the hotel Frannie and Will booked, so we only have a short wait before climbing aboard. I reach into my purse for the money, I did invite them at the end of the day. Frowning, I step to the side to fiddle around in my bag a bit more. "I think I left my card at the dorm, I only have a couple ten dollar bills." I look at Fran who rolls her eyes and steps forward to pay, I apologise and tell her I'll get the money to her before finding the perfect top seats for the LA weather.

"So what kind of things can we look forward to seeing?" Will asks, the tour guide has yet to begin speaking over the speaker so I check the pamphlet they have supplied. "Uh, Beverley hills for the Hollywood sign, the beaches, Hollywood Boulevard. There's a lot, and you can hop off whenever to take pictures. Awesome" I say, pushing the leaflet into my bag and placing my sunglasses over my eyes as we take off.

Fran and Will snap some pictures as we drive, I decide not to. This may be my life for the new few years and I would like to visit these without having the pictures on my phone, I'll enjoy it more. "Ok Tourists, If you look to your right, you can see the Chinese Theatre. One of the finest movie theatres in Hollywood, snap up those pictures." I stare at it in awe before we continue on, this is definitely going to get me back in the good books with my friends.