Hurting

It's Wednesday, my late afternoon classes are only a few hours away but I can't get myself out of bed to care enough. The past few days have been a drag, I miss him. He rang once and only once since he told me about his alliance with Brennen, in which he claims is over. But since he never told me about it in the first place I'm going to go ahead and say I don't trust him.

"Come on Aliyah! You can't just lay around here all day feeling sorry for yourself. I got over Kendall so you can get over Colby too!" Roselyn lectures me, fixing up her bed. She confronted Kendall at the party on Saturday when she caught Kendall and Brennen making out. At least she got over her, I still believe deep down that I really like Colby, I just need time to think things through.

"Do you think I'm being stubborn?" I ask, pushing myself up and leaning on the wall behind me. She shakes her head as she turns to me, "Of course not. Ali, you really liked the boy and it turns out he was part of a..a gang?" She questions the word gang but I shrug, "Who knows what they've been calling it." I sigh, forcing myself out of bed.

I remove the sheets from my bed and decide to take a trip to the laundrette before classes, Rose decides to join me which make me feel a lot more comfortable after my last encounter there. I push the sheets and any clothes that need washed into my laundry bag before tying up my hair and slipping into some sliders. I only had some shorts and a vest on so I don't think about changing.

The air feels colder as we head outside which I instantly regret with my outfit choice. "Can I be honest Aliyah?" Rose asks, keeping the same pace as me. I nod, "I think you are really miserable." She states and I lift my brows, "What?" I scoff, I know I have been down but I still am very grateful for the life I have here in LA so I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm miserable.

She places her laundry basket on the bench as we enter the Laundrette, which thankfully is empty. "Aliyah you're usually bubbly and excited to get up in the morning. If Colby is making you happy then maybe you need to think about the whole, not speaking to him, thing." She begins to move her clothes into the wash machine.

"I like him, but he worked for a drug dealer Roselyn! He can't just easily be forgiven." I keep a stern but quiet voice, turning my machine on after filling it. "Fine, but I won't tolerate anymore sad Aliyah, you're suppose to be the one removing people from their down state." She reminds me, I think about it for a few moments before smiling. She is right, my dream was to being a psychologist and own my own office, to be in someone's life for the better.

"I think I'll give him a call." I say, after a few minutes of silence is shared. She squeals, "You're doing the right thing. Trust me." I smile at her before standing to my feet and moving my washed clothes into the dryer.

—-

"How's things been going for you? In terms of the project?" Jake asks, turning to me. Our lecturer has told us to share our progress with one another once again, although Harriott and Jen haven't made it to class the past couple weeks which we're both grateful for.

"Well. I have to admit I haven't really been the best therapist, I spent all that time with him just getting to know the best parts of him, but I know what he's thinking now. He is always trying to do the best for people even if it ends up hurting them. I think his past of trying to impress his father was why he wanted to work for.." I take a break, not wanting to tell Jake about Brennen incase he doesn't know.

"Brennen." Jake states, after a few moments of me staring down into my hands. I nod, "He's really fucked up." I mumble, Jake nods. "That's why I don't hang out with him, he doesn't know that his life choices are affecting everyone around him."

"How's things with your client? You haven't been making it to class." I ask him, he lets out a sigh. "Well, she started to think I was only talking to her because I had feelings for her, so she acted upon them. Luckily, I managed to let her down lightly by explaining I was happy with Tara. I don't know Ali, I think the lecturers made a bad choice in making us work with other students. Her home life was so bad, and they think someone the same age can do anything about it?" I smile slightly, "Tell me about it".

I hate the idea of failing this semester but he is right, this journey has been difficult. It's only five weeks until the holidays and the end of the first semester and I haven't really got a lot to go on. "At least Halloween is next week." Jake reminds me, the sun being around so much in LA has really put me off my fall months, but halloween is always a great time. Although the last time I dressed up was a little embarrassing.

"Anything planned?" I ask, He shrugs. "I think Kat's parents are back for a couple weeks so her house is off limits. If I find anything out I'll text you." I nod, thankfully just as the lecturer dismisses us.

"Hey Aliyah, before you go, I just want to say I-" He's cut off by his phone ringing, I look down at my feet and he sighs, "Ok babe I'll be right there." I listen to him speak down the phone. "I'm sorry I need to go pick up Tara from the mall, but Ali..don't rush back into things with Colby if you're not ready." He tells me, rushing out the lecture hall.

The frown on my face says it all, I'm confused. Jake hasn't really been a friend to me as much as Roselyn recently so I do want to go by her words, although I can't figure out how I'm really feeling. My heart hurts from the time spent away from him, but my time spent with him is turning out to be the same way.

I just want to say thanks so much for all the love on this! I am trying my best to keep these updates frequently but I do have a job and my life is a little hectic. But don't worry we're getting somewhere and I hope everyone is happy with the path we're taking!

Remember we do have an Instagram for the doc

Insta - lookafteryoucb

And I have a Twitter if you ever want to have a chat about the book in my dms - xplrerin

Thank you guys!