Chapter Eleven: Freshman Year-Summer

Brandi and I don't speak all week. Starting school with no friends is kind of depressing. I am not good at making new friends.  I am generally afraid of people.  Not really afraid of what they think about me, afraid to approach people on a whim.  Brandi and Jamie are the only friends I made in middle school. Once I became a part of their group, it was too hard for me to branch out.  Jamie is as domineering as Brandi. She enjoys the title of Bitch. She owns it.    Middle school was more about ball then friends. I play ball to get away from my friends since they don't play school sports.  Jamie was away most of the summer. She and Brandi gang up on me constantly. If one is mad at me, they both are. So it's me, myself and I starting high school.

I made the JV basketball team yesterday.  It was a hard tryout and I was so nervous.  I did it though and it felt good.  Something for the new Tia Scott.

There are no more text from Torri. He must be busy doing city things. I delete all the "I'm sorry", "please forgive me" texts from Randy. I don't care how sorry he is. I went past angry a long time ago and on to hurt.

The first day of school is tomorrow and I am in my closet going through all my new clothes. Mom offered to help pick out my first day outfit. I declined. I wish I made better friends in middle school than I wouldn't be at this alone.  The outfit, Athena and I decide to go with is a skater dress and black ankle boots. The dress is hot pink so it shows off my tan. I coupled it with a teal Kendra Scott necklace which makes my eyes pop. I am determined High School will be better.  I am determined the next four years will be different.

Since there is no one to talk to, I flip the TV on and binge watch the Vampire Diaries. What would it be like to have someone like Stefan? He loves Elena. Worships her. If I could have one guy who worshipped me, I would be fine. Not a guy who doesn't text and another who likes to see me cry.

My phone starts buzzing right in the middle of my favorite episode. Speak of the devil.  I sigh.

"Can't wait to see you tomorrow, friend." -Randy

"Our friendship ended on the ride." -Tia

"Said I was sorry. Didn't know you would react that way."-Randy

"You see a FRIEND would know."- Tia

"Touché"-Randy

I put my phone down on the bed. There is not much to say after that. Truth be told, I am hurt by the whole thing but if they smell weakness I am done.

T flashes on my home screen with a message and I smile. Shouldn't miss him so much, but I do. He has left me hanging too for most of the week.

"Sorry about bad day. Had one myself. Talk?"-T

"Nothing big. Friends turned on me"-Tia

"Want me to kick their ass."-T

"Someday. I'm holding my own right now."-Tia

"Hanging out with the guys before school starts tomorrow. One last summer party."-T

"Hanging out with Netflix. One last Summer party"-Tia

Torri sends me a smiley face emoticon.

Randy text me in the middle of The Torri conversation.

"What's your first block tomorrow"- Randy

"You will need to stalk me. Can't give you all the easy answers. "-Tia

"Miss me"-T

"Wait and see. Can't give you all the easy answers"-Tia

"When I find you, what's my prize?"-Randy

"You reached my limit on a prize."-Tia

"You Tia DONT answer anything. Tell me you miss me or I will block your number"-T