Chapter Thirty Three: Summer- After Freshmen Year

There is a limo outside my house. Let me rephrase. There is a freaking Limo outside my house. Sam and I are dressed for tonight when we heard the limo pull up.  We look out the window and see Phillip and Mark heading to the door.  They have what looks like the whole entire flower shop of roses in their hands. Phillip is holding the most beautiful Peach Roses I have ever seen. At least three dozen.

Sam gasps and starts to jump up and down. "Tia, you are sooooooo my favorite. I love you girl." she exclaims as she watches Mark with her Red Roses come up the steps.  We hear Jim answer and usher them inside. Sam and I descend the stairs. Phillip tells my Mom, he is sure these flowers do not compare to me. I grin and whisper, "Sap".

Mark is the first to see us walk in the living room. He stands so quickly he almost falls. Phillip follows Mark's gaze.  He stammers, "Jesus Tia, How come you appear better and better every time we do something like this!"

I grant him my best smile. He really is perfect. Phillip hands me the flowers and I walk in the Kitchen to put them in the vase Mom put on the counter.  I can't help myself. I put my nose to a beautiful open Rose to smell. The scent is heavenly. Phillip comes up behind me and puts his arms around my waist. I lay back on him and a flash kills my eyesight.

"Sorry, I had to." Mom shrugs. Many. Many more pictures later and we are out the door. The driver for the limo opens the door for us.  Sam and I slid in. The Limo is big enough for twenty of us. I silently wonder if the whole team is going.  "Phillip, can you please tell us now where we are going?" I whine and pout.

He grabs my hand and kisses the palm. "Not yet, Princess." We pick up Jim's date, Dan and Brandon, and then their dates and head off. Not until we are on the interstate, do I start to wonder. Phillip told me we had to leave at 3 pm. Kind of early for dinner.  I assumed, we are doing something either before or after. By the time I peer out the window, we are passing Williamsburg. Phillip is very tight lipped so I try Jim.

"Nope little sis. He will make me run suicides if the Co-Captain here loses the element of surprise." Jim and Phillip are Captains this year for Varsity.  Phillip laughs and agrees. I pout but decide to let it go and enjoy the night.  We are all lost in conversation when the driver pulls up to the Harbor.

"Tia, Welcome to the Spirit of Norfolk" Phillip helps me out of the limo. My mouth falls open. Before me is a huge Yacht that hosts a 3 hour dinner cruise around the Bay.

"Phillip this is too much. I dreamed about taking this cruise. I didn't think I would until I could afford to on my own. Do you know you are the perfect boyfriend?" The decision came to me in the moment. I want someone as my boyfriend.  I am ready. I want Phillip.

Phillip takes my face in his hands to kiss me nice and slow. When he pulls back, he says, "I waited for so long to hear those words from you. No one else could ever compare to you. Tia, you are perfect.  I think I love you." My grin is contagious. I kiss him one more time when Jim yells, "Alright that's enough. We are going to miss the boat if all the romance is done here on the dock."

Phillip and I head to the boat hand in hand with the rest of the group. I am lost in thought thinking of what a difference a year makes. My life has taken a drastic turn since last year. It is almost too good to be true. Phillip is my boyfriend. He is handsome, popular and perfectly romantic. Randy's words echo in my head, "I will be there when you get bored and you will." I push him out of my brain. This night is going to be magical. This night is Phillip's. 

The dinner is amazing. I order Chicken and Phillip the Flounder. Phillip and I share of course. This seems to be our thing.  After dinner, since we are too young to participate in happy hour, we head to the top deck to admire the sunset. Phillip wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my neck every now and again. The rest of the group broke off into their dates as this is a purely romantic time. I spot Sam and Mark out of the corner of my eyes holding hands and staring at each other. "I am so glad we helped them two together." I tell Phillip.