Chapter Thirty Five: End of Summer- Freshmen Year to Fall-Sophomore Year

Jim drove home because unbeknownst to him I am too sore to move. I lied and told him I twisted my knee.  We arrive home and I spend the rest of the day in the bed. I don't text Phillip we are home. After the moment was over and Torri kissed me goodbye, I started to feel guilty. Phillip is my boyfriend and I cheated on him. Might as well call a spade a spade.

Not knowing what to do about that, I choose to avoid thinking all together. No one will ever find out. Torri and I have kept this secret for a long time. Didn't make things right but..I can never be with Torri so why ruin my relationship with Phillip. I know Athena, I am a horrible girlfriend.

Phillip, however, made other plans. I try to avoid him on Monday as well. He shows up at the house while I am in the Jacuzzi. Walking out the back door, Phillip sits down next to me and starts rubbing my shoulders. Him showing up and touching me irrationally angers me. There is no reason for me to be angry. He is being a great boyfriend.  I am mad nonetheless. Tia, you are horrible. Athena smirks.

"Welcome back." He smiles.

"Thanks. What are you doing here?" I try to calm my nerves.

"I thought we could go watch a movie or something since you are back." Phillip kisses me.  I pull back and make it light.

Tia, you are going to hell. "Not in the mood. The stress from the drive drained me. Maybe tomorrow." Yup straight to the depths of hell that's where I will be.

Phillips face falls, "Is something wrong? You are a little off."

Yes, I am a bitch and the worst person in the world. Athena nods in agreement.  "Not that I can think of. Tired. Why don't you call Brandon or Dan and go see a guy movie."

"Sure alright. You sure you are ok?" Phillip asks again disappointed.

"I told you. I am drained. I will see you tomorrow." I try to sound normal.

"I'll text you later." He goes around the side of the house and leaves. I close my eyes for a few more seconds. Straight to Hell.

Later on, Phillip texts at least a hundred times. My irrational irritation with him grows. I ignore most of the text and go out to the basketball courts next to the driveway. I am on my 99th dribble when the Boys drive by.

Gary is hanging out the window, "My Princess, you are back." Oh brother, I forgot to text them too. Justin stops the car outside my house. They all pile out including Randy. "Where is the boyfriend of the year? Tired of him already?" Randy smirks.

"None of your business." I start the drill of passing the ball between my legs. Left to right is my weak side and I need to work on this before the season. Randy reaches out a hand and steals the ball. I stare at him with a raised eyebrow.  "Thought you wanted to play. You are really good at playing games aren't you, Tia."

Gary and Jake are sitting on the bench my dad built at the court and Justin is standing in the shade. "Just running some drills today. Can't find the energy to play today." I say because it's the truth.

"Ah Princess, you are down. What's the matter your life boring you?" he chides. That SOB. I hate he called what would happen. God, I do not like him at this moment.

"I never liked you. You know that." I smile and stick out my tongue. I run a whole bunch of drills while the guys hang out. Everyone is discussing how I should dump the bore but no one is discussing it with me. The Boys are being too annoying.

"She should straight walk up to him and be like." Jake mimics me in a high pitch voice which sounds nothing like me. "Phillip. Phillip. You are not my type. I need excitement not romance. I think we should be friends. It's like, I'm kissing my brother when we kiss."