Chapter Nineteen: Fall- Freshmen Year

These Boys create a picture at the door. They look so tough surrounded by my Mom's Greek columns and ivy. Bending down to take off my shoes in the grass gives me the moment I need to calm down. The boys are creating a wall in front of the door so I walk slowly across the yard and up the steps.

"The boy is lucky he didn't get out of the car to walk you up." Steve motions for me to go ahead.

"It's 1:50, Tia. 1:50." George stares at his wrist. There is no watch on his wrist but it doesn't stop him from making the motion.

"And what is your comment." I ask Torri.

"I second both of their comments." He smirks.

I shrug and move around them, "Boy's this has been a night. I need to sit down. If I'm in for some lecture time, can we at least do it after I change?"

"Getting out of that contraption will be better for your mental health." Steve waves his hands up and down in my direction.

"You are driving my mental health nuts in or out of this dress." I stomp up the stairs. After I put on my sweatpants and pullover and wash my face, I head to the theater room. The boys are not there yet again. They are outside by the Fire Pit with my brother. I grab a blanket and a cup of coffee and settle in for a long night. Sitting down on the corner of the couch putting the blanket over me, allows me enough time to listen to the conversation.  If they are discussing my punishment, I will explode. Thank God, its all about Jim's night.

Jim tells them about how dumb his date is and how he will never take her out again. "Tia, you know it's sad when no one can figure out who you are." Jim exclaimes. "I told Tina you were my sister and she argued with me for thirty minutes. I gave up and let her be jealous. She actually scolded me for talking to you."

"Athena is retired. Fun but sad nobody had a clue who I was," I chuckle.

"You didn't look like you.  You looked like a sixteen year old model.  I didn't like it," Steve interjected and they all agreed.

"Well, Athena is done. Phillip enjoyed it. I think Athena's mystery won him the title." I offer Jim a smile.

Jim nods a "Thanks sis" as I incline my head. We talk for a while about different things. The trouble duo have been up to no good. Steve and Torri receive my mom stare. I stay quiet because I don't want to bring the conversation around to me and with that a lecture.

Steve tells us about this dumb double date they went to a party with and how Tor got stuck with the pretty one. "If young ears weren't around I would explain the rest of Torri's luck that night." Steve gives us a wicked smile. Torri is refusing to meet my eyes. Your alright Tor. Athena shakes her head. The closet door is shut while you are home. It is fine, I try to relay the sentiment with my eyes.

George, Mike and Jim go in. Steve lingers for a little longer but decides he's gonna go in too. Torri tells him he will be in once he puts the fire out. I tell Steve I am moving he just can't see it. He laughs, hugs me and heads in. Torri sits back down next to me and grabs my feet. He starts to rub. A moan escapes my mouth. This is amazing. I pretend we could be a normal couple for a moment at least.

"I can't believe your here." I yawn. His hands are working their way up my calf.

"I had to see where you lived at least once." He rubs the knot out of my calf. "George was right you do live it up here in the country. This house is amazing."

I shrug, "Hmm that's so nice. You have great hands."

He kisses me sweetly. "You gonna fall asleep?"

"Can't help it. Don't want to but you are so fantastic at this." I yawn.

"My hands are fantastic at a lot of things. You think they are all asleep." Torri glances around.