Chapter Thirty Two: Summer- After Freshmen Year

To say Phillip is wonderful is an understatement.  He is attentive, caring, understanding, and makes me laugh. By July, he's a regular fixture in my world.   We go on a quite a few dates with and without Mark and Sam.

Sam is awesome.  If she's not at my house then I'm at hers.  My Boys fell in love with her.  The jury is still out on how they feel about Phillip but I'm trying to give them time to like him.

I got my driver's permit in June and my parents bought me a used Jetta.  I loooovvve my car.  It is steel grey and perfect for me to handle.  Mom makes me drive everywhere.  She thinks the more I do, the better I will be when I can drive on my own.  Phillip drives my car a few times to Tucker and teaches me how to park. . The Boys can't wait.  They are making big plans for the "Tia will take me" destinations.  Sam moves in to that role for right now. Her car is small so only Gary and Jake can ride.

Sam is picking us up today to head to the mall.  We need to find dresses for some huge date night the Boys are planning.  Jake and Gary are tagging along so they can be out of the home.  Phillip and Mark are meeting us there after their team meeting. I put my phone in my purse and it vibrates.  It might be Sam so I check it.

"A Year, Tia.  The City is not the same since you won't visit."- T

"Not won't Can't.  Playing too much ball."- Tia

"How's the boyfriend. Steve says he is keeping you busy."-T

Sam honks. "Mom, Sam's here I'm gone." I yell.  She gives me her card and tells me to have fun.  Mom loves Phillip too. She knows a little about the date and is happy for me.

"Life is busy.  Made Varsity lots of Practice "- Tia

"Missing you."- T

"Hey, sorry I was waiting on mom's card." I tell Sam as I plop in the car and go back to Torri.

"I miss you guys too. How's the new girl?"- Tia

Sam drives off while telling me, "No prob.  My mom kept me to ask a billion questions I didn't have the answers to about this date.  Did you pry anything out of Jim?"

"Nope, only he's taking Tina and get this Dan and Brandon are bringing dates too. Phillip started this mystery date in the locker room and none of them want to be one upped or left out."

"She's good. Had a preggo scare but it was nothing."- T

"Condoms are your best friend. You need to learn that City Boy. Gotta run babe. Miss u too."- Tia

I hate to cut him short.  Sam needs directions to the Boys cottage on campus.  As we pull in behind another older car, I step out.  When you pick up the Boys, you sign them out and give the Home your contact info. We don't pick them up often.  They typically meet us somewhere because of the hassle.  Plus, I don't want to run into Chris.  I have been successful for the most part of avoiding him since the party. He is in another cottage with Tim but I could still see him on campus.

I go in and give the counselor my info.  She buzzes the Boys.  As I'm waiting, I hear loud cheering coming from the living room.  I head that way to sit and wait because the Boys are wrapping up inspection.  Bad idea.  I walk through the door.  Randy, Justin, and some other boys are watching a game on the TV. I quickly turn around but I'm spotted. "Look who it is boys.  Princess finally comes out of her castle," Randy is heading towards me. "Seems she's been hiding there all summer." He finishes blocking the door way.

"Just running in a different circle. Glad you are doing alright.  If you will excuse me, Gary and Jake are probably outside." I try to move past him.