Chapter Forty Two: Beginning of Summer- After Sophmore Year

The next morning after Graduation, I came downstairs well after the cousins left. Jim already went to the school to meet the bus.  The senior are leaving for Myrtle Beach this morning. My lip is only a little swollen.

Once I got all the blood off, it really wasn't bad. Mom asks me what happen and I give her some excuse about tripping into a door. No one other Steve and Torri know what happen in that parking lot. Thank God,  it stayed that way. My hope is I didn't ruin Torri.  I wish with all my heart Steve sees the light.   I would text him, but I don't want to create problems everywhere again.  Best leave him alone.

I go outside to play a little ball and decide to run for a while instead. I am not a very good long distance runner.  It helps me think. Taking a swig of water, I decide to text Randy. I should be furious with him. Had I been in his shoes, I probably would have done the same thing.  I put him on the spot.  My running helped me see I made some mistakes yesterday.

"White flag."-Tia

"I was just about to gravel at your feet."-Randy

"No need not mad anymore."-Tia

"I have a pounding headache if that makes it better."-Randy

"My lip hurts so we are even."-Tia

"Im sorry. I should have let you come to the party. Wasn't fair to you."-Tia

"Im sorry. I should not have gotten so drunk. Wasn't fair to you."-Randy

"Kiss and make up. Please tell me you are alone."- Tia

"Absolutely. Don't even know how I made it home last night."- Randy

"I am going home to get my car. You want to do something today?"-Tia

"What do you have in mind? It has to be awesome for me to want to spend one second with you."- Randy

"Ha Ha very funny. Last night you said I was the best you ever had. That means every min with me is awesome."-Tia

"Did I say that..God.. I blame the alcohol."-Randy

"Going to get my car. Pick u up in 30?"-Tia

"I will be waiting. I love you."-Randy

I still can not say "I love you" to Randy. With Torri, I knew from the first moment I saw him I loved him. With Randy, we are volatile.  Two worlds heading for a collision course neither of us can avoid. I need to be sure to say those words. They hold power over me.  I run home literally and take a shower. I throw on athletic shorts and a T-shirt with my tennis shoes. I have no idea where we are going only the fact I want to be out.

Randy is sitting on the porch when I pull up. He jogs over to the car and slides in the passenger seat. "Tia, I am sorry. Your lip baby. I wish you stayed out of the fight last night." I put my fingers to his lips to quiet him.

"I don't want to think about it right now. Right now, I want to go...to the park." I make my decision.

"The park where??? Not the school. Too many people there today playing ball." Randy remarks.

"No, the actual park. Trees, lake, walking trails, swings..Park. Echo Lake Park to be exact." I pull in to the Echo Parking lot.

It is about 5 pm.  The sun is in its springtime trance when Randy and I climb out of the car. We pick a path and walk in silence for awhile holding hands.

"Another Summer. I can't believe the years are going by this fast. I am a Junior this year." I sigh.

"I know pretty soon you will leave me behind in this one horse town and start a new adventure. Do you know where you are going to go?" he says.