Breakthrough

In middle of the lesson, Kaito jerked up as his phone buzzed. Once. Twice. Someone called him? Which phone was it?

He reached for his pocket and gently traced the outlines of the phone, realizing it was the one Chat Noir had left him. Shit. Hattori.
Hattori wouldn't call him if it wasn't important. Now, how to get out of class?
Kaito rummaged through his pockets and sighed, picking up a small remote. He had actually wanted to wait with this prank, but now he needed to pull it too soon.
"Surprise!" he yelled all of a sudden and pressed the button, smoke flooding the room and everyone disappeared inside the blue disaster.
Once the room and shrieks cleared, all eyes were on Kaito but the magician stared at Hakuba. Blue hair. Lovely.
"Sensei, may I excuse myself to the toilet?" the London detective raised his hand and sighed, getting up after an acknowledging nod. Kaito raised his hand, too.
"Can I go with him? I can save that in a blink," he offered charmingly and held up a small bottle with a liquid inside. The teacher, of course once again captivated by Kuroba, dismissed him and Hakuba grew horrified eyes at that. Great. All alone with Kuroba.

"Why on earth are you helping me?" the halfbrit demanded to know on the way to the bathroom, walking side by side with Kaito, "How come the sudden change of behavior? Do you want anything from me?"
Kaito chuckled and shook his head, opening gentleman alike the bathroom door for Hakuba.
"No. But I have to thank you for this excuse to slip out, after all. I have a call to make."
Hakuba slipped inside the bathroom and Kaito trailed behind, then pressed the bottle into his hand.
"Wash your hair with that... Works perfectly. Now if you excuse me... Tell me when you're finished, yeah?"
"Wait wait not so fast, Kuroba-kun," Hakuba grumbled and grabbed his arm to prevent him from leaving, "What is going on? You are acting more suspicious than usual."
Kaito rolled his eyes and shot a shark grin at the detective.
"Sorry Hakuba-kun, that's secret. But if you're fast enough to get that haircolour out, you can eavesdrop on me~"
"Perhaps I will do that!"

Hakuba let go of him with a huff and proceeded to wash his hair inside the sink while Kaito darted out of the room a few doors further into the closet. Sighing annoyedly, the boy pulled his phone out and dialed Hattori's number.
"Tantei-han I swear to god, do you have any idea where I am?!" he began to scold but Hattori didn't listen.
"KID! Ya'll never guess what we found!" he exclaimed and Kaito swore he could hear the grin through his phone.
"I don't wanna guess! I've distracted Tantei-san for a few minutes, tell me already!"
Heiji groaned annoyedly into the phone and sighed right afterwards.
"Ma, ya're no fun. Okay okay. We've found a laboratory. But not any laboratory."
Kaito froze and started to tremble, his face lost all colour.
"BO?!"
"BO!"
A wide grin broke out across Kaito's lips.
"Which branch? Animal codenames?"
"No! Alcohol! Ya need ta show up! Someone with ya skills has ta infiltrate them. We've already arrested one of them. Ya need ta take up his identity."

Kaito's smile dropped and he fell into a serious behavior.
"I see. Send me a pic and I'll get to work."
"Already done, with the address. Hurry, yeah?"
"Yeah yeah. See you, Tantei-han."
Kaito ended the call and left the closet, only to bumb into Hakuba who was just about to eavesdrop. Hakuba stumbled a step back and his face flushed a little in embarassment.
"Too slow, Hakuba-kun~" Kaito chirped and walked past him with a pat on his shoulder.
"Tell Sensei I'm gone, yeah? Something urgent came up."
"Kuroba-kun-!"
But the magician was already gone.

A bit later, Kaito arrived as the agent Averna at the given address. Heiji nearly jumped at him before he realized that no, this wasn't the arrested agent but his partner.
"KID...! Damn, ya're good at tha'. Ya need ta get in 'n find the secret formulars."
KID gave a slow nod and accepted the ID access card and other personal things of the agent which could get him out of the situation.
"Fill me in, yes? Who did you locate so far inside?" he asked in a low voice and Hattori grinned, taking his arm and pulling him towards a surveillance truck in near. The FBI team Black, Camel and Starling awaited them with surprise evident on their faces.
"Hattori-kun don't tell me-"
"That's your partner you wanted to call?!"
Jodie smiled and cocked her head to the side.
"I'd have never expected to meet someone this good at dressing up besides Vermouth and Akai. Who are you?"
Kaito smirked his signature grin and took her hand, then bent down and pressed a soft kiss onto it.
"My name, Ojou-san, is my secret."
The confusion around him mixed with Hattori's wide grin said it all. Everybody knew who this man behind the mask was... But today, no one would take action because of that.
"We put small cameras all 'round the buildin'. So far we've seen Gin, Vodka and a few scientists we couldn't name. So be careful, got tha'?"
"Sure."
KID flashed a last glance at the cameras and smirked at Hattori.
"I was born to create miracles, and I will gladly prove that to you again."

KID walked towards the building and slipped his ID card into the scanner. With a small beep the door opened and the male stepped inside, his heart beating calm and clear inside his chest.
He needed to keep his cool the whole time. One slip up... and KID would be dead.