14.)Our Melancholy Blues

Freddie's POV:

I woke up from a cat nap that was very much needed and heard a commotion in the living room section of the tour bus. I jumped down from my bunk and walked to see what all the fuss is about. As I stepped into view and the guys suddenly stopped talking.

I looked them over and seen John blushing looking guilty. Brian was holding in a laugh and Roger was smiling up at me.

"Well, What is it now, boys? Caught you looking at naughty things again?" I laughed lightly gesturing towards the phone they all had been hovered around.

"...not exactly, Fred...," Brian looked unsure of himself as he spoke to me.

Deacy wouldn't meet my eyes and he looked like he wanted to make a run for it. What in the world could be making him so uncomfortable? Just then Roger spoke up.

"I think it's best that you read this yourself, mate..," he said, hesitantly handing me his phone.

I was confused as to why there would be a message for me on Rogers phone. Nonetheless, I grabbed it from his hands and sat at the bench next to the table a few feet away. My eyes rapidly sped through the text.

"You little shit! You scavenging asshole! How DARE you send me off like that! I never want to hear from you again. Don't bother trying to text me back or call me. It's obvious I am just a joke to you, after all! Well, you were an okay FUCK either way, Buddy. Thanks! Enjoy the rest of your life- I hope I never see you again!!!

Fuck you very much Fred,
        Cherie"

I read it over and over again as the guys watched me in silence. I heard one of them squirm in their seat, obviously feeling the awkward tension. I just sat there with my mouth hung open reading and rereading the paragraph. Abruptly, leaving my seat I threw the phone in Rogers direction and turned to leave back to my bunk..

"Fred..are you o..," Roger called to me but I ignored him.

True, I was slightly embarrassed by the fact that my friends had read such a disgraceful text message about my personal stuff. I just couldn't wrap my head around how Cherie could be so ticked off by me leaving her a note. Did she really just use me for a good fuck? An 'okay fuck' to quote her correctly...I know it wasn't the longest note to leave, but I thought she'd understand. And anyways, I was meant to call her by now it's just that I had fallen asleep!

I felt the bus stop now and the driver called out something about stopping for food and gas. I practically ran out of the bus in search of a more private place so that I could call Cherie at once!

The guys followed behind, but went inside the rest stop to get some food. I walked in the opposite direction near the other end of the parking lot. I felt my heart beat start to quicken as I stopped walking, determining this as a far enough place to make a private call. I opened my phone and tapped on Cherie's name.

I didn't even hear any rings from the other end. Each time I tried to call, the line went dead! I was really starting to worry now. Why isn't she answering my calls?! I didn't even do anything that bad! I decided I'd send her a text message instead...

"Darling, I'm so sorry I didn't wake you when I left."

I hit send and typed another text not even 5 seconds later.

"Please, Angel...pick up my calls..."

My throat was tightening as a couple more minutes passed with no response...