24.)And We Can Have Forever

Cherie:

I woke up feeling a little cold. I reached down to cover myself, but I didn't feel the blanket. Opening my eyes I seen the culprit. Freddie has wrapped himself in a little cocoon.

I couldn't help but smile down at him. He looked so comfortable. The only thing visible was her face. His sharp jawline rested just above the blanket. His face is so perfect..like a specially crafted sculpture or something. I wonder if our babies would be so blessed.

I was nervous to wake him. We still hadn't talked about the babies, aside from Freddie promising to be there for us. As far as he knew right now there was only one child on the way. I'm not sure how he'll react when he finds out we're expecting twins!

Wanting to delay the conversation, I slid out of bed and into the bathroom to take a shower. As I combed the tangles out of my hair with conditioner, I went over every possible scenario of his reaction to the news and thought of each way I'd respond. I hoped that he would still feel the same as he does now. I mean, a single man of his age, obviously was freaking out at the thought of having to settle down a bit into fatherhood. Imagine the thoughts running through his mind when he learns he'll have TWO little ones to care for.

When I finished my shower, I dried myself off with a towel and wrapped my fluffy pink cotton robe around my self. I walked towards the mirror and looked my body over. My breasts were sore from the swelling, so I opened my robe to rub lotion on myself to hopefully stop the itching! It was crazy itchy all the time and My doctor had told me that while my body and belly grew the itching would only intensify, but that I mustn't scratch of the stretch marks would multiply. I grabbed my oil, specially designed to keep stretch marks at bay and lathered up my little belly.

Wrapping the belt around my robe again, I stepped back into my bedroom. Freddie was up, on the bed rummaging through his suitcase.

"Mind if I clean up, first?," he asked, looking up at me while holding a change of clothes and his toiletries.

"Go right ahead," I said motioning toward the bathroom door.

He walked over and held my waist with one arms, kissing my forehead before walking into the bathroom with his things and shutting the door.

I took this time to change into my clothes. I decided on a long sundress and some simple flat sandals. Freddie still wasn't out of the bathroom yet and I heard the water from the shower running. I looked at the time. It was already 1P.M. I wasn't bothered, I usually woke up around this time anyway.

I went down the stairs to the kitchen to start making some breakfast. I made blueberry pancakes with a side of sausage links and scrambled eggs. Happy with fulfilling my craving I made two plates and put them on the table. I turned to the cupboard to grab some glasses, but I wasn't sure if Freddie would want OJ, milk or maybe coffee or tea.

Just then Freddie descended the stairs and walked into the kitchen to join me.

"Something smells absolutely devine," he pretended to sniff the air.

I giggled at him and told him to have a seat.
"What would you like to drink?," I asked. I'd have to ask him a lot of questions in the months to come. He was a stranger to me, but not to my heart.

"Anything you're having is fine, darling," ahh, I can totally get used to hearing that accent forever.

I poured up both two tall glasses of milk and brought them over to the table. We sat and ate quietly, while I kept repeating to myself to not scarf everything down. There was a bit of tension in the air. Or at least it felt so to me. The news of the twins was weighing heavily on my mind.