20.)Show Me How You Burlesque

Cherie's POV:

I was getting ready by the makeup mirrors with the rest of the girls. After working my old club for a month I landed a new gig thanks to one of my friends helping me get in. As far as I was concerned this job was better than the last. I didn't need to walk around topless or be in a thong the whole time.

It was a new burlesque show in town and it was really popular so I never went without big tips and more than enough money. Since I was a makeup artist after all I got some side pay from the girls for doing their makeup each night. I never charged them full price but just enough for helping them out.

I was one of the only girls with a real good voice so when it came time, I guess you could say I was the lead performer. I was so happy and content here, everyone was friendly and it wasn't so much animosity in the air because we weren't fighting over customers like at the strip club.

I knew my time was limited, I had already started to sprout a tiny little nub at the very bottom of my belly. Compared to my last pregnancy I was growing at a more rapid rate. Of course, last time it was only one baby in my belly. I knew management wouldn't let me continue once my stomach started to be more noticeable. I squeezed myself into my outfit, rushing to get myself ready in time for the start of the show.

"Cherie, you're on in 5!," the stage manager hurriedly came over fussing amongst me and the rest of the girls.

My outfit was a creme colored one piece corset with a halter strap around my neck. The top was bedazzled with silver crystals giving it a nice sparkle whenever I was on stage. I also added a skirt of feathers that went around my butt and stopped on each side of my hips. I was set to do the first performance alone to warm up the crowd. Tonight I'd only do the first and then the last performances.

Truth is this pregnancy nausea never let up completely and I wasn't feeling too good.

"Let's go girl, head to your mark!," the manger pushed me gently forward toward my starting point with a little slap on the butt.

I rolled my eyes at him and readied myself. Thanks to my stripping experience, performing and dancing around was really not much of a stretch. Like I said I preferred it. At least I didn't have to deal with smelly perverts touching my bare body all night.

I laid myself out across the lounge seat that waited on stage. The curtains were still down as I watched the sound crew get the music ready. Another worker came up to me and strapped my microphone to the back of my outfit and I snuggled the mic piece into my ear. The steady jazz number 'I'm a Good Girl' started bumping through the surround sound speakers and the curtain slowly rose upwards so that I was now visible to the crowd and so went the start of a long night as I opened my mouth to start singing...

"Where have I been all my life...,"

————————————————————————

Freddie's POV:

The cab stopped in front of what looked like a night club. There was a long line wrapping around the building starting at the entrance and it looked to be going into the alley down the street. I paid the driver and exited, suitcase still in hand. I had no time to wait in line. I had no idea what time Cherie's shift would end and I didn't want to miss her! I had a sinking feeling in my chest as I secretly hoped this wasn't the type of place that I think it is.

Rose has said it was my fault that their business was failing. I'd be absolutely horrified if it was now my fault that Cherie was once again desperate for fast cash and working at a strip club all because of my stupidity to not think ahead about paparazzi.