PREVIEW

A/N:
Before I let you in on the next part of the story, I'd just like to say thank you for 16k reads! I can't believe it!! I really came into this thinking the story would be a flop and no one would read it 😅

It's been an awesome experience and I love all the new little beans I've met along the way 😘😘

Also, all your comments mean so much to me. I love reading your reactions and funnies!

I hope you've enjoyed the story so far. I hope I can keep it up with this next book, but I'm nervous ngl.

I wrote so many different drafts for the end of this book and the beginning of the next one . I also have some written from when I wanted to end the book much sooner.

sooo....what do you guys think if I post those sceneries instead in a "What if" type of book? Or should I just stick to the script?

Okay, this is already the longest authors note I've written, but here's some info.

The sequel starts off years later, but after the first chapter I will start to fill in the blanks with Freddie's flashbacks. So any little details you want to know about just comment below and I'll try to work them in somehow.

Anyways, here goes...

It was a crisp fall day, when me and the twins got in the car and made the little drive down the way. I made sure to pack them some light sweaters this time, since the breeze had a tinge of chill starting to prickle the hairs on my arms. I snag the sweaters from the front seat and turn to unbuckle the twins, who both have already undone the clasps and are excitedly hopping about in the back seat. I chuckle at the way their faces light up. This is the favorite part of their day.

I take the both of them out of the backseat, at the same time as they will both make a run for it once their feet touch the ground.  I learned that the hard way a while ago.

The cold floor is sprinkled with colorful fall leaves and I don't want them to fall and hurt themselves. I close the door with my foot and  put them both down, but not before securing their tiny hands into mine.

I glance down at our hands when they clasp their grips around my fingers. Their skin tones match mine and Cherie's almost identically. Their curly midnight locks crown their heads in different haircuts, but the twins looked very much alike for being of opposite genders. Their little almond shaped eyes had a bit of Asian appeal to them, but their was no stopping the way their honey brown eyes lit up under the sun to warm my heart and the hearts of any that they beamed upon.

The twins will turn 3 in a few months to come and their minds are always absorbing their surroundings. They've started to remember their daily routines, places, people, recordings...everything. They keep tugging my steps forward little by little with their scurrying feet that try to keep up with mine and then some. They have started to remember our spot.

We come here and sit in the grass every day for a picnic. Well, everyday that they're not with the nanny while I work. They know this spot is means mummy. They love our midday visits more than anything. Whenever we're getting ready in the morning, they ask if we're coming by. I'd say they love the little park full of slides and swings and sea saws, but they love being near her more than playing at the park.

The skies today, threaten rain on our plans, so it may be a short visit. I remember the day Cherie and I got caught in the rain while picnicking by ourselves all those years ago. She was in her 8th month of pregnancy, I was just trying to do something sweet or romantic, something to get her to stop fussing and stressing over last minute wedding details. She was driving herself mad, and she needed all the rest she could get.

I still can't help but think that if she would've stayed home that day, or any of the following days and just rested her body, maybe not have done so much. I still blame myself for not taking care of her the way I should've. Though, sometimes I think I did all I could've done to make her life as easy as it should've been for her.

I squeeze the twins little hands, no matter what, I am grateful that we were blessed with two beautiful children. They are the light of my life, they brighten my days, and their laughter has healed every old part of me that was ever cracked.

They sit on the ground, a few meters away from the bench that I usually watch them from. But today, I lay out the picnic blanket at plop both of their chubby bottoms on either side, to keep it from blowing in the wind.

Placing the knapsack down in the center, I unpack their snacks for them and hand them each a baggie of cut up strawberries and banana slices. They smile up at me as they work their little tid bits into their mouths. Their smiles remind me so much of Cherie.

The way their little eyes disappear behind their cheeks, whenever they grin- it's a precious gift. Mama says that little Charlie takes after her mother, while Richie is my exact clone. I can't really see it, but maybe that's just me. Because to me, they both look like my Angel.

After giving them their snacks to hold them over, I sit in between them, but a little off center so that they have room to move around. The twins are always mumbling jibberish and dancing to their own rhythms, even with no music around, they make their own. I swear, Richie has the gift of the beat from his godfather, Deacy. And my precious pearl, Charlie...she has my rhythm, the poor thing!

They're two minutes of munching is now over, their attention spans don't last for very long these days. I love to watch them hold hands and walk around together.

Richie takes being older by 3 minutes very seriously. The relationship and bond between the two of them remind me so much of me and Kashmira. From a young age, I recall always looking out for my sister and doing anything to make her stop crying- that's the same way my boy treats his sister. At least, it's a Nobel trait for him to inherit.

Now, I'm not saying that Charlie needs her brother to be her keeper. She's a feisty little ray of sunshine and that, my friends, comes straight from her mother. She's unafraid of anything and everything, she laughs at scary movies and is the first to try new things. I'm really worried about the teenage years with that one. I smile to myself at the thought of the twins all grown up- I've still got some time....