25.)Every single Beat Of My Heart

WARNING: Freddie's possibly murdered in this chapter...

No! Just kidding! But here is your SMUT warning, darlings! Enjoy 🤫

Freddie:

"What did you just say to me....,"

Cherie's slow words and cold stare spelled out the warning she was sending to me. I froze on the spot. I didn't know why I said that out loud. Then, again...

She shook her head slowly and sat down on the bed a little ways out of my reach. She took a dramatic deep breath and looked up at me.

"Sorry....I didn't mean to come across like that. You..you have every right to be skeptical, Freddie. Really, I was..that was the reaction I expected at first...," she turned towards me and slipped her hand in mine. I squeezed it. Trying to let her know it was okay.

"Angel...I didn't mean for that to come out. I really didn't even have that thought until just now. I was just..just nervous about what you had to tell me...," she just nodded her head slowly as I spoke. "I want this more than anything...,"

"Well, I don't know if you'll believe me and honestly you don't have to! I don't make a habit of sleeping around at ALL! You're the only one I've been with..in that way...since...well since Jimmy...But there's no way you could know that and I know if I were you I'd be asking questions, too...,"

She seemed to calm down considerably as she ran through her thoughts. I didn't want her to think I thought of her that way. Hearing that asshat Jimmy's name roll off of her tongue made me instantly rage in side my head. I pushed my thoughts aside for the moment.

"Cherie..just...I believe you. Really, I do.," I moved over closer to her and wrapped my arm around her from behind. She walked away from me and I thought we were maybe still having a fight the way she got up from out of my arms. She picked up whatever she was holding behind her back before and came back over to me.

"Well...if I wasn't a crazy nervous mess before, I guess I'm double that now," she laughed and handed me a wrap of glossy photograph paper.

I was so confused by her body language, I just sat there kneeling on the middle of the bed. She tilted her head towards the paper I was holding, signaling me to open it. I carefully unraveled the roll. I wasn't sure what I was looking at. I studied the blurry images, turning the paper around and upside down. She giggled at this and sat beside me.

"Here...look," she put the pictures right side up, explaining it to me. "These are ultrasound pictures that my doctor printed out for me.," My eyes widened with realization. My heart was SO happy in that moment..only...I wish I knew what I was looking at!

"You see this little bean looking thing?," she asked as her fingers traced a tiny little speck with a bubble wrapped around it. I smiled wide and in that moment felt such intense emotion I thought I'd break down and cry. My baby...our baby...
My fingers traced the same outline that she had pointed out.

I heard Cherie clear her throat before she continued. With shaking hands this time she traced another little bean. "So... so..that's a bit of a different angle I presume?," I tried to sound like I wasn't a complete moron.

Cherie shook her head, "N-no, Freddie...see hold on..yes look here," she pointed to the last photo of the bunch. There were two of the same image on it. I couldn't comprehend what she was trying to point out. Was there something wrong with our baby??

She must've read the confused expression in my face because she chuckled a little and continued. "Freddie...Freddie there are two!," I didn't think I'd heard her correctly but then she pointed out the two sacs and the little babies that lay inside.