Chapter 14

A loud growl echos around the room and I leap out of bed, shifting into my wolf immediately and snarling back, baring my teeth in annoyance. Who dares disturb my precious sleep?

There is a laugh and someone jumps on my back, wrapping their arms around me, burying their face in my thick fur. Isobel: the sparks tell me everything. I roll over playfully, causing her to fall onto me, knocking the air out of my lungs.

I give her a small lick on the face and she clambers off me, and I shift back, now completely naked. If she blushes badly when she sees me shirtless, it's nothing compared to the bright crimson flushing her cheeks now, her eyes scrunched up so tightly that it must be painful to keep them that way. Clearly, her purity is much higher on her priority list than mere pain. I chuckle at her reaction and grab some clothes from the closet, changing into something less revealing than my plain old birthday suit.

Let me out for a moment.

I hand over control to him without a seconds hesitation; after our deal, I trust him around Iz completely.

She's my mate, I would never hurt her.

I know, it's just you're ruled by your instincts much more than I am, so you are more likely to give in to them. For example mating and marking.

We've been through this before; not without her permission.

Jack and Iz don't always think alike. If you ever do anything, check it's okay with both of them first.

I will, I will. Trust me Isaac, I know what I'm doing.

You also don't really like Jack. But please don't hurt her if she does take control.

I'm not going to! She's my mate. I don't like her but that doesn't mean I'd harm her.

Thank you, I growl. I just had to make sure.

He sneaks up behind her and wraps his arms around her waist, making her shriek in surprise but then start giggling when he kisses her cheek in greeting. He abruptly hands me back control and I continue to playfully flirt with her, planting kisses on her cheek at every opportunity. She smacks my arms that are wrapped around her waist and I release her.

"Someone's feeling violent today."

She laughs at my comment and I turn away, appearing sulky as if she's offended me through her humour, giving her a small wink.

Isobel's POV
That wink. For some reason it makes my heart beat wildly inside my chest and I blush at the attention. Isaac, he's so damn annoying; he does things like that and leaves me a spluttering mess.

"I know. Are you going to apologise?" He says playfully. I forgot he can hear my thoughts now because of the mark.

"Maybe. I don't have to," I tease.

"But Iz," he mock whines.

"Come here, you man child." He sits beside me in the bed and he gives me a smile, drawing me into his warm embrace.