Chapter 26

The next morning Isaac is still asleep when I wake up, his lashes brushing his cheeks, his breathing soft and regular; he looks so sweet. I lightly touch his cheeks, my fingertips tingling as sparks race through them.

He must feel them too as he mumbles something under his breath and subconsciously shuffles closer to me, his arms coming around my waist, his face buried in my shoulder, my mark tingling from the contact. I plant a soft kiss on his hair and his grip on me tightens even further if that's possible.

I wriggle and twist, trying to escape his arms, but his grip is too strong and I give up. I hear a quiet chuckle from him and I realise his eyes are now open; I must have woken him with my struggling.

"Are you going to let me go?"

"Nope. I just got comfortable."

An idea springs to mind and a smirk covers my face. I shift, giving Jack control. He instantly let's go.

"What the hell Iz?"

Jack just rolls her eyes.

You deserved that.

I did not. What did I do?

You didn't let us move.

Therefore we shifted.

Let's see how you like it.

Isaac shifts as well so we are promptly pushed off the bed due to Nate's large size. He's massive, bear sized, although bigger than any bear I've ever seen. Not that I've seen any bears during my life.

Why would you do that?

Why not? You woke me up.

Asshole.

I know you love me.

Not if you chuck me off the bed.

Nate shifts back laughing, and we pounce on him, growling playfully. His eyes morph back to Isaac's emerald green and we shift back, Jack giving me back control. This unfortunately means that I fall directly onto Isaac: I am basically straddling him. Naked.

He ignores our ... compromising position and somehow flips our positions before I've registered what's happening, planting his lips on mine in one fluid movement. I respond instantaneously, my lips moving against his, fireworks exploding inside me. His hands creep towards my hips but I push them away.

"Not today." He laughs slightly and removes his hands, our heated make out session coming to an end. My stomach grumbles and we both laugh as the sudden noise disrupts the prevailing silence.

Breakfast time by the sound of it.

Mmm.

I'm hungry.

I know.

I quickly dress myself and, grabbing Isaac's hand once he's clothed, dragging him downstairs to the kitchen. I immediately look for the cereal box in the cupboard but it's no longer there. Someone must have moved it.

After a few minutes of searching I finally locate it.

On the top shelf.

I reach for the box but my fingertips barely touch it. Hopping in frustration, I jump again, failing to secure a grip on it. There is a quiet laugh from behind me and I turn to see Isaac leaning on the kitchen door frame.