Epilogue

This was about a foolish wizard who chose to sacrifice and cursed himself for the sake of saving his beloved...

...

...

...

A story that should've never been told.

**FORTUNE TELLER'S POV**

Cursing...

This was an act causing harm that may befall someone.

A cause of great harm...

...misfortunes or evil...

...

...

...to torment others...

Since long ago, cursing was used to bring harm to the person who's been cursed and be punished but it was also used to gain immortality.

But how come it was also used as a way to save someone's life despite of its punishments?

...

As a doll who was cursed by a merciless wizard wanting to be immortal by being born endlessly despite the downfall he was about to encounter...

I've already lost the track...

As someone who couldn't die...

...someone who couldn't be hurt...

...someone who couldn't change...

...and someone who could always stay in this world...

This was the first time I wanted death so badly...

But when I met you...

"Hi.", a voice said.

I looked up to the direction of the voice and saw... a kid...

"Do you want to come with me?", he asked and offered his hand, wearing a smile.

Even though I didn't know what this kid could do for me in the future... I didn't hesitate to hold his hand.

"My name's Shion Kaito. What about you?", he asked.

"...Meiko... Sakine Meiko...", I answered softly.

"Nice to meet you, Meiko.", he said and smiled.

...

...

...

Kaito-sama was the adopted child of Shion Naoto who was a well-known wizard of the era. He was from an orphanage and was a victim of the recent war.

"Why?... Why did you bring me with you?...", I asked.

He just smiled a bit. "I guess I can see myself in you..."

"In me?"

He looked at me with his gentle smile.

"Let's talk later okay? I'm going to study first.", he said. "Ah. I want to see everyone soon.", he mumbled.

"Everyone?"

...

"Yeah... Everyone in the orphanage... Because father said if I'll be good and study hard, I'll be able to visit them soon."

"I hope everything goes well for you."

"Thank you, Meiko~", he said and smiled.

Since then, I became his attendant who was in charge of taking good care of him.