Chapter 14 "Taste Buds"

I got up at eight this morning, a bit later than I thought. I didn't have to work for the day because luckily it's our boss's anniversary with her husband so she gave everyone a day off. I checked my phone for any email that's relating to my work, and there were three which seem important to check out. I got off my bed to get and ready and then head downstairs to have a nice cup of tea with breakfast while reading up on the emails until I got a text from Kaylyn. 

Kaylyn: Hey, want to meet up today?

Y/N: I can't, I've got to meet caterers for Justin's party.

Kaylyn: Oh, can I come?

Y/N: I'm sure he won't mind, but I'll ask in case.

Kaylyn: Do we get to taste samples of it?

Y/N: Uhh...I don't know. It's not wine tasting or wedding cake but you can ask?

Kaylyn: Hmm, alright. I'll come over now. 

Kaylyn: And I didn't eat so please I hope you got some food left.

Y/N: Then you better hurry before I finish it all.

Then I texted Justin to ask about Kaylyn.

Y/N: Hey Justin I got your message yesterday. Haha no problem. Also when are we meeting the caterers? Kaylyn asked if she could join.

Justin: It was delicious thanks for it again. And I'll be over in about half an hour, we have to get there by ten. And sure Kaylyn can join, more opinions on tasting.

Y/N: Cool, thanks see you soon.

Looks like we'll be tasting the food then, maybe I shouldn't eat too much of food and leave room for later. 

"I'm coming!" I shouted and opened the door what appears to be both Kaylyn and Justin. "Wow, what a surprise to see BOTH of you here at the same time." I said and gestured for them to come inside. "Is there any food left?" Kaylyn asked. "Yeah, it's in the kitchen." I said before Kaylyn skipped right to the kitchen. "She knows we'll be eating different kinds of appetizers and so on right?" Justin asked. "Yeah, I'll tell her." I said and we are on our way to the kitchen. "You feeling better Justin?" I asked. "A little, I've got to think things through a bit through my mediation." He replied. "Good, don't worry about anything because right now we got the party tomorrow!" 

"Kaylyn remember to save room because we would be taste testing." I said looking at Kaylyn scooping big spoon full of food in her mouth. "Got it." She mumbled with all the food in her mouth and gave us a thumbs up. 

We left Kaylyn alone in the kitchen enjoying her breakfast and went to sit in the main room. 

"So there's nothing you want to talk about, nothing is bothering you?" I asked Justin. "Nothing I can think of at the moment, no." He said shaking his head. "Okay but next time I wouldn't be buying you pizza." I said giving a childish smile. "Let's not worry about that, I'll talk it out with Hailey when she gets back." He said. "Hasn't she called you yet?" I asked now that the conversation seems to be getting a bit serious. "No...she's busy with her work and she have to travel from place to place so she's really busy." He said with a disappointing tone of voice. "So why didn't you call her instead." I asked. "Same reason, but Y/N. It'll be fine, she'll be back in less than four days." 

"Hey guys, are you ready to hit the road?" Kaylyn asked popping her head into the room before I could say anything else. "What time is it?" I asked while looking up at the clock. "Yup! Let's go." I said and dashed off of the couch. 

"Good day Mr.Bieber and friends, I'm Olivia Bryan but you can call me Madame B." A lady said greeting us, she would be hosting this food tasting for the afternoon with us. "So it's going to a housewarming party, so nothing too special is brought but we came up with a few choices for each courses for you to choose." "Nice, nice." Justin replied. "Is there any questions?" The lady asked. Justin and I nodded but Kaylyn raised her hand confidently. "Oh yes?" The lady asked. "Are we allowed to eat only one sample for each or can we eat as much as we can?" Kaylyn asked after hearing it I gave a little giggle and so did Justin. It's a bit embarrassing but in a funny good way. The lady looked at her in despise, but tried to keep it all to herself and answered back. "Uh, you can eat as much. Just leave room for the other dish." "That'll be fine, I'm a big eater."