Chapter 15 "Surprise Visit"

It was almost three in the afternoon, as the three of us are on our way back to Justin's place. On our way during the car ride, we discussed on which movie we should watch since none of us had seen one in a long time, we don't know what good movies are there to watch. Kaylyn was feeling for an action movie while Justin was feeling for comedy while I was feeling for __(insert a movie genre you are feeling to watch at the moment)__.

"Fine, how about when we reached to the movie theatre we choose the one that have less people in it at the time and it's something three of us don't mind watching." I suggested and the both of them agreed on it. Once we all agreed on it, then it doesn't matter. "Oh I should get a jacket too." I said as Kaylyn pulled up by Justin's house. "Good idea, grab one for me please." Kaylyn said. "Okay, I'll be you guys back here." I said.

We got out of the car with Kaylyn and Justin going to the same direction and for me, I would be going the opposite. It didn't take long before I got back to the spot where Kaylyn had parked her car but there was no sigh of them. They must still be inside probably choosing the right jacket to wear, so I decided I should go inside too. The front door was unlocked so I opened it and stepped inside and closed the door behind me.

I heard a faint of voices coming from the main room, but it sounded like there was more than two people. I quickly pressed my back against the wall and slowly drift my head to the edge of the wall to eavesdrop hopping that it's not some burglary just in case. "No, I'm fine mom." It's what I heard from the conversation. "Mom?" I whispered to myself but what I thought was whispering isn't because the voices stopped chattering and I tried to take a peak into the main room but all I see were four pairs of eyes staring back at me. I awkwardly jumped out behind the wall and greeted myself.

"Hi!." I said and gave a huge semi-circle wave in the air towards to unknown strangers standing between Kaylyn and Justin. "Hello." The smiling lady said who is next to Justin. There was a silence for a couple of seconds and mainly staring. I looked at Kaylyn and then at Justin hoping they should get an idea that I'm feeling uncomfortable. Then Justin finally snapped out of it first and introduced us.
"Mom, dad, this is Y/N. My neighbor and friend. Y/N, this is my mother and father." He said introducing us to each other as he speak I shook hands with each one of them. "Wow, I didn't know Justin's parents were so young." I said looking at them and walked next to Kaylyn who also seemed surprise as me as well as Justin. "Well, we had him at a pretty young age, but thanks haha." Justin's father replied. "Uh, looks like you want some privacy with you son. Kaylyn and I'll just be in the other room." I said while dragging Kaylyn by her arm out of the room.

"Kaylyn, how did this happen?" I asked as we are walking down the hallway which is probably leading us to the kitchen.

"At first, we just entered his house. Then we heard some chattering so we thought that someone or some people may have broke into his house so we laid low and stayed quiet." Kaylyn said while searching through the fridge for some food but continued telling the story. "We weren't armed so just in case we went and got some umbrellas." Kaylyn took two cans of soda for us to drink and then searched the cupboards. "Wow this place is empty." She said finally stopped and sat down opening her can of soda. "Don't tell me you're hungry even when we just came from a eating a bunch of food." I said. 

"Neh, I just feel like eating something crunchy at the moment." She said. "But hey, let's continue." 

"So before we even got to sneak into another room, then caught us." Kaylyn said shaking her head. "Wow, you two are baddd. What happens when a situation like that actually happens. You two are going to be dead meat." I said and decided to open my can of soda now that I've gotten thirsty. "Yeah, I should start taking self-defense class." Kaylyn said sipping on her soda. "How'd they even get in here. The security must be bad...." I said sounding a bit worried. "Oh no, the security guard is bad. They say they are Justin's parents and they left their keys and their son isn't answering so the guard decided to let them in only this once."