Chapter 20 "I Don't Care"

I woke up with news from Justin. Hailey went back home earlier so she won't get caught by Justin knowing that she sneaked out last night. Although she didn't do anything wrong, she just needed someone to talk to but not telling him and sneaking out would seem suspiciously wrong. Back to the news, Justin would be collaborating with Ed Sheeran for an upcoming duet which had already planned out. He would be meeting Ed in the studio this after noon, and I got invited to join and watch. I am so excited because Ed is my favorite singer of all time. The best, the greatest, I've had a crush on him when I was a teenager and now I finally get to meet him. Kaylyn would be so jealous because she loves him as much as I do. 

"You ready?" Hailey asked picking me up in a car. We planned on going together but first she wanted to get some groceries and fill the refrigerator. I think she also planned on cooking dinner tonight instead of ordering take outs.

"Awww, cute photo." I said looking at a photo strip tucked beside the front window in Hailey's car.

" I said looking at a photo strip tucked beside the front window in Hailey's car

"Thanks, that was on Justin's birthday. We had a small gathering of close family and friends. I wasn't meant to keep it, but he left it in the car. So I just tucked it in here as a reminder." 

======

We did what we had to do this morning and it was time to go to the studio and check on Justin. We drove up and parked the car and went up the elevator to the 42nd floor. We were right outside the door of the recording studio and we can already here some singing going on inside.

"Yes, that's the tune." Someone said as we opened the door and stepped inside. We didn't want to disturb them so we tried to sneak in quietly but the attention was drawn to us when the door made a squeak once we closed it behind us. 

We looked up and saw Justin inside the recording booth, a man and a woman on the couch snacking, a guy sitting there adjusting the volume and Ed Sheeran staring right at us.

"Ed Sheeran, nice to meet you." I said shaking his hands. Justin was continuing on recording this new song, and Hailey stand by observing him but I was too much of a fangirl that I had to meet Ed. 

"Nice to meet you too - um...." 

"Y/F/N & Y/L/N , a friend of Justin and Hailey." 

"Care for a drink?" He asked and walked towards a mini fridge. 

"Uh, sure thanks!" I said, he opened it and grabbed a bottle of sparkling water and handed me it. 

I took a seat next to Hailey who was by the two people snacking and watch Ed and Justin recording their new duet. 

"This is going to be a hit." Hailey said to me, munching on a bag of potato chips while staring at them. 

I wasn't sure if they were finished with the song because they were recording different parts and not in an order. "Take five." The guy in the front said. Ed and Justin took their headsets off and was talking a bit before coming out of the booth.