17

"What took you so long?" Irene asked me when I entered her room.

"Yerim showed me the toy I bought her and gave Lia a gift. You know, kids." I said and smiled at what they told me.

Yerim might be a child, but damn, she thinks like an adult already. And Lia, even though she looks shy, she is very observant.

"Hmhm, Yerim never gets tired of talking about hello kitty." She said while doing her homework.

"What subject is that?"

"Math."

"What about it?"

"This.. log, sin, tan and cot."

"Easy."

"How can you even say that it's easy? I've been studying these since yesterday night and I can't get shit." She said, ruffling her hair.

"Want some help?"

"Yeah.." she said, making some space on her chair, to let me sit.

"Well, sin, you get it from the y aight? And each point of the circle equals 1. That depends on which side it is, based on the cartesian."

"Hm yeah I know that."

"What do you find difficult then?"

"When do I have to put the -?"

"Here, if it asks you, cos of 180, and knowing that 180 is on the x side, what's the result?"

"1"

"Ddaeng."

"Why? It's 1 tho."

"It's -1, cause it's on the left side of the cartesian."

"Ohh.. now I get it." She said, nodding her head.

"Okay, do a few assingments like that and we'll go on for an hour." I said, and fished out my phone.

Oh right, I got a present for her. She might not accept this in one try but, I'll see..

"Hey, uhm can you get that paper bag for me?" I said to her.

"Here. What's inside?"

"Uhmm do you mind if you open it?"

"Uh no, I mean sure..?" She said and started to open it.

After a couple seconds, she took out the box, and looked at me surprised.

"I thought getting presents only for your sisters would be unfair, so I got you that.

"An iPhone? Hey.. this is the new one.. you didn't have to.." she said, trying to not accept my gift.

"Hey, it's yours, I bought that for you. Remember when we had our first call? Your phone kept turning the screen black. So.. here, a new one so you won't struggle anymore." I said, assuring her that it was fine.

"This is.. I don't even know what to say.. How can I repay you, Seul?"

"By accepting it, it's the only way." I said grinning. She sighed, and looked at me but suddenly, her next action caught me off guard.

She hugged me tightly.

"It was so considerate of you, Seul. Thank you."

"You're always welcome, Hyun." I said and we sat composed once again.

I helped her to set her new phone up, and her smile, there it is. So bright that it made me smile as well. She was so happy and grateful. From this moment, I'm promising to my self that I'm going to make this girl the happiest woman alive.

______

After all the setting up, I went through my IG and scrolled down a bit, just to have a few updates.

Jongin got his promotion as Gucci's ambassador, eh? Nice one, bro.

"Oh my gosh, you're friend with Jennie Kim?!" She said, with a hella surprised look.

I just looked at her like.. yeah.. so?

"Oh my gosh Kang fucking Seulgi, she's my idol! She went to my school back then, I was her sunbae ofc."

"Oh."

"WHAT OH."

"Jeez woman, calm down, I'll ask her if she knows you, okay?"

"Yayyyyyyy~" she said and clung on my arm. And again, my heart is beating fast.

"Guys, dinner's ready!" We heard her mom's voice and we looked at each other.

"We should go downstairs." She said and I nodded.

"Hey young man, how have you been?"

"I'm all good Aunt Tif. How about you?"

"Well, me and Taeyeon got in a little argument but it's going to be okay." She said, and sighed a little.

I smiled sympathetically, and kept eating.

"It was delicious Auntie. I hope you and uncle will get better soon. I'll have to go now, I helped Hyun with her math, don't worry, It's always a pleasure to come here." I said, walking through the door.

"You're an angel, Seulgi. Thank you so much. I really like you for my Hyunnie."

"Hehe.. I--"

"I mean it. Taeyeon and I saw how caring you are. And how mannered you are raised." She said with teary eyes.

"Thank you, Auntie. I like your daughter, to be very honest. But I want to get the things slow, I don't want to distract her with her school and all." I sincerely said.

"I appreciate that, Seulgi." She said patting my shoulder. "I'll call Hyun, have your alone time." She said and called Irene.

I waited outside, and I saw her small figure, walking towards me, looking a bit shy.

"Take care at going home huh? Thank you again uhm.. for the phone.." She said, kicking her feet in the air.

"Why are you acting so shy?"

"Nothing, I'm just kinda cold." She said, putting her arms on her chest.

"You should go back in. Good night, Rene." I said and smiled.

"Good night Seul." She said and smiled back. I was on my way to my car when I heard her calling me again.

"Seul."

"Yeah?" I said, looking back at her.

She didn't say anything but walked towards me. Then I felt her warm embrace, and snuggled on my chest.

"Thank you for today." She calmly said, and I couldn't help my self to smile and stroke her hair.

"You're welcome Hyun. I'm always here for you okay?" I said and she nodded.

She then got out of the hug and got closer to me.

Then I felt her pair of lips touch my cheek. Heat rushing on my cheeks and ears, creeping a hard blush.  Thankfully it's already dark, and she won't notice it.

"Good night!" She said and ran towards her house and I was left there, on the street, touching my cheek.

"G-Good n-night.."

_______

Hello I'm back from h*ll.