2. Ask her

2. Ask her

James Dayton's P.O.V.

I bit my lips and look around me feeling like a lost puppy. Seeing my friends behind me, though, makes me feel more relaxed and confident.

If I feel like this asking a girl out, who I don't love, what it would be like if I would try to talk with Aria?

See, that's why I don't try.

I feel my hands tremble and I have the urge to run away. What if I am going to embarrass myself?

Maybe Anna doesn't like me.

Maybe I'm just too stupid to realize that most of the people in this school don't like me.

"Calm down and don't be a pussy. This is your chance. Are you sure you want to take her on a date?" Asks Dane again, for the milion time.

He keeps saying that I shouldn't, because I don't love her. Still, there's no going back now.

I am standing in front of her green car, waiting for her to appear.

The school is over, and Anna should be here any second, I hope at least. I didn't see her since the first class and I didn't ask her if she will stay longer. Or if she is going somewhere.

Oh shit.

I fucked up already, didn't I?

But I get a little bit more relaxed when I see her coming towards the car, looking a little surprised noticing me here.

I grip my flowers tighter, still letting them behind me. I don't want Anna to see them yet before I begin speaking with her.

It's a surprise.

"What are you doing here?" I feel her voice saying surprised, looking around as well.

Just now I realized that the boys left, giving us privacy. Thank God, it would be so awkward with them here, listening to every word.

I hate when that happens. I just get more nervous and I don't speak much, hoping they will leave me alone. My parents are the worst though. They always listen to me talking on the phone.

Pff I'm just kidding. I never talk on the phone.

I literally have ten contacts on my phone, which are the police, ambulance, parents, grandparents, aunts and Dean and Mark.

This is embarrassing.

I blush when I realize that I am standing like an idiot in front of her, thinking about something else.

"I just wanted to ask you something." I say simply, gripping the flowers tighter. I am not sure if they are not going to break soon with the way I am feeling the spikes entering my skin.

I am sure I can already imagine the blood that it's there. I hope Anna won't notice it though.

I am not nervous because I'm asking her out. I'm just unsure of myself.