10. An almost kiss

10. An almost kiss

James Dayton's P.O.V

I gasp and take a step away from the girl that almost jumps me. Her lips are so close to mine that I feel her breath on my own nose.

Taking her arm and pulling her away, I take a big breath and look at her face.

Oh yeah, she's pissed.

My heart is beating fast, thinking that I almost lost my first kiss. This is not the way I imagined it will be like. But reality is always worse than imagination.

Trying to smile at her, being more forced than real, I take her hand. Wanting to comfort her.

"Look. This," I look between us, making her do the same "Won't work. You are a lovely girl and I'm happy that you forgive me for that date, but we won't last as a couple. I think you know it too."

Staring at Anna again, I see her eyes widen and her lips closing and opening again like she wants to say something but can't. Sighing, I hug her hard.

"But I like you." Anna says and I see a tear slipping from her right eye.

This isn't good. Again, I am making people feel like shit. Why? Just why?

"You deserve better than me. Sorry."

With that, I hug her one more time and I start to go towards my home with angry steps. I should have told Mark to wait for me fifteen more minutes, because it didn't even take this long to talk with Anna.

It's funny how every time I go with her to a restaurant, with the thought of food, every time I leave without even eating. Now I am starving, I feel depressed and I'm tired.

Life is good.

I take the shorter way to my house, crying and mumbling under my breath about all the events that happened in the last days.

Biting my lip, I hear a thunder, and the next minute I feel the rain pouring on me.

This couldn't be worse.

But after these thoughts, a car drives near me and almost hits me. I can't believe how unlucky I am.

All I want to do is go home, sleep a few hours and then talk with my sister and my mother. They always calm me, I also love to play with my sister and her dolls.

I'm weird for liking it? I don't think so.

I don't like the idea of playing with dolls, I just like playing with my sister.

Sighing again, for the milion time today, I roll my eyes when I hear a car again. Yey, can you try to hit me again? So this can be the worst day of my life?

But it stops and the next second I hear voices. Familiar voices.

"Let me guess. You had a fight with Anna again." With a roll of his eyes, I notice Mark and Dean, leaning against the window car and waiting for me.