34. Date

34. Date

James Dayton's P.O.V

Fixing my tie in the mirror again, I let out a long sigh thinking about good things.

This date will end up fine, she'll be happy, you'll be happy, maybe you will even kiss and that's it.

Happy and satisfied.

But bad thoughts also appear in my mind, not letting me remain calm and relaxed.

Maybe my idea for a date is lame. I suck at preparing things so it wouldn't be a shock to see Aria's disappointment when she realizes where I'm taking her.

She was there before. The park. I prepared a date where we will stargaze, eat and get to know each other better. Then I'll take her to my home, if she wants, obviously. I also wanted us to have a pillow fort party.

Yes, I am almost an adult. But even if it's a childish idea, I thought it could be cute to make a pillow fort and then stay there the night, eating, watching movies and chatting.

I just hope she'll like my ideas, I don't know if she went on a date before but I would be surprised if no. Aria is gorgeous and every boy would be lucky to have her.

I can't believe Denis is taking advantage of that. If I were him, I would treat her like a princess. Actually, I have the chance to do that, something that's even more shocking to me.

The sound coming from my phone indicating a person calling makes me almost slip on the floor and fall, fortunately, I manage to stay on my feet and run towards the phone from my bed.

Seeing her name on the screen and realizing it's already time for us to leave, I start sweating and mumbling unknown words, praying to the gods I won't sound like a scared chicken when I answer her call.

"Hey? Yes?" I respond and curse in my mind.

Oh God. I really sounded like a scared chicken. You had one fucking job, Jason.

"I'm waiting for you." Her suave voice makes me immediately take my coat and run out of the house while holding my phone in my right hand while with the other I lock the door. I'm an idiot, I should have been at her house by now.

"I'm almost there," I lye while opening the 'Google maps' app and trying to see where I need to go "But don't wait for me outside. It's pretty cold. I'll call you when I see your house." I quickly say praying she doesn't hear me running like a mad man.

I need to arrive there in five minutes, but the app says I'll be there in fifteen. No, I can't be that late.

I thought about calling an Uber at my house, but I realized that it will take longer for it to arrive, probably ten minutes and it would be weird. Imagine going on a date with someone and that person coming with an Uber after you.

Yeah, no. That's just weird and I don't want to make a bad impression right at the beginning.

After running a few minutes as my life depends on it, I see a cute little light orange painted house, with a lot of flowers in the yard and on the windows.