8. Detention

8. Detention

James Dayton's P.O.V

I am bored.

So bored, I can't even think. And I still need to go to my detention. Groaning and swearing the old woman, who is my biology teacher, I try to find Dean and Mark.

They will probably jump to find answers. Why was I talking with Aria.

I don't even know myself. But that's probably the last time I'll do that so I don't really care.

Going towards the lockers, I see them, giggling and talking like two little girls. Typical.

"Hey..." I start to speak but I stop when they turn around to face me, with mouths opened and big wide eyes.

"What? Do I have something on my face?"

I am just trying to change the subject. I know that they are shooked that I spoke with her, and also I look very casual right now. With a small smile on my lips, and an eyebrow raised. But I feel very different.

My feelings are all over the place, I think this is how people feel when they say they are in cloud nine. Very happy.

But also embarrassed.

"Okay, calm down. I don't have anything to explain." Starting to say, I notice that they are both looking at me scared, not knowing what to do.

"You are not... excited?" Mark screams and I immediatly place my hand on top of his mouth. I don't want anyone to hear us.

"I am. Very excited. But I'm not getting my hopes up."

I reply and look around, making sure that nobody is hearing us talking like idiots. That's what we are anyways, but it is better if people don't realize.

"So..." I start, "Aria just came to talk with me. Without a reason. But she said that she wanted to make sure I'm alright, after that hit. That's all. She was being nice. She is always nice." I finish and I feel quite proud of myself.

I didn't blush while thinking about her. That's a good start.

"Doesn't sound like it. Are you not going to start talking with her? I mean she doesn't hate you... I think." Finishes Dean while I am rolling my eyes at him.

This sounds good. Note the sarcasm.

But he is probably right. She doesn't hate me.

"Aria doesn't have a reason to hate me. Obviously she doesn't." I respond.

"And she also wants to make sure you're okay." He continues, making my hopes go up again.

Just for them to lower when I think again. Ugh, I should really stop thinking, it would be better.

"Wow, so nice. She didn't let me die." Rolling my eyes again, feeling like they could fall out of my head soon, I look at them.

"Come on, stop overthinking. Look at the good side, she knows you exist."