44. Making out

44. Making out

James Dayton's P.O.V

I remain frozen on my spot, not knowing what to say anymore.

"You heard him. I want him here, sister." She spats the last word with some much hate, it almost made me shiver thinking about what could have happened between them to make Aria hate her family so much.

From what I've seen before, Aria is kind. She doesn't hate people without a good reason to do it.

I examine the woman in front of me better, realizing the way she is clenching her hand, getting ready to punch something. Or someone.

Probably me. I'm the reason this lady looks like she'll commit murder if I don't leave them alone to talk.

Yet, a feeling is telling me to stay and don't listen to the little monster.

Aria's hand is trembling in mine and if I look closely to her neck, I can notice the sweat coming out in waves, stopping at her breasts. She's in panic and I would be horrible to let her like this.

"You choose a lover boy instead of your own sister? I thought I taught you better than this." Her sister mumbles and her body goes rigid when looking at our intertwined hands.

"You taught me nothing, snake." Aria almost screams making me take a seat immediately near her on the bed and placing my hand on her back, rubbing it slowly.

I want to make her feel less tension, or I'm afraid Aria will jump out of the bed to beat the woman. And she's still fragile, I don't want her to hurt herself.

"Don't talk to me like that." She hisses back and I feel my head start to hurt due to the situation we are in right now.

The door suddenly gets opened and we all turn towards the noise, just to see a head appearing, her mom.

"Am I interrupting something?" Her mom asks realizing how tense we are right now, but Aria shakes her head quickly and smiles a fake smile.

Being with her the last weeks, now I can notice when she's really genuine or just fakes her attitude. And now Aria is definitely not okay.

I rub my finger over her skin, making her shiver from the contact.

I keep trying to show her that I'm here, on her side, whatever happens. Even if the situation is good or if it gets worse. No matter what.

"No mom, no. But can you take Amalia outside? She's loud and I want to sleep." Aria comments and lets a loud yawn, trying to look sleepy.

Amalia is probably the name of her sister, I realize and try not to laugh. Aria was talking about her like she's some dog her mom has to take out.

"She's lying."

"That's enough, Amalia. Out, now. Sleep, darling, you need to relax." Her mom coes and comes closer, making me sit up and let Aria's side. She gives her a forehead kiss and turns her attention to me, making me gulp.