12. Sit with me

12. Sit with me

James Dayton's P.O.V

I enter the class happy that I arrived on time, but I grimace a little when I hear little steps following me.

Glancing over my shoulder, Aria is still behind me, looking at her feet.

Was I too harsh with her?

Still... She talked about me behind my back, and I can be a very petty person if I want. And that's how I am right now.

Taking my usual sit, at the back of the class, I place all my books on the table and verify if I don't have gums or something on my chair.

It wouldn't be the first time that happens.

Once, Mathew, the popular of this school placed a used gum on my sit. My jeans were dirty after this and I still had more classes to be at.

The whole day I was made fun of because I had a piece of gum on my jeans. I really wanted to go home, but I couldn't.

If you want to leave, you need to talk with the director and have a good motive.

I couldn't go and say that I have a piece of gum on my ass, this would have been funny. I could have gone and say that I caught a fever, but my forehead was cold as fuck and I can't really lie.

After that day, I always verify my chair and make sure they didn't make a prank for me again.

I don't even know why people hate me, or why I am called a nerd. I always sit in the back for fucks sake. Also my learning is just... average.

Being so deep in my thoughts, at first I don't realize the books that are placed near me, and the person that sits with me.

Besides Dean and Mark, nobody sits with me in class so this surprises me.

Turning my head around, I frown a little and my face probably looks like a confused mess at the moment. What is she doing?

"Can I sit here?" Her angelic voice says and I bit my lips, thinking.

My crush wants to sit next to me for the first time in five years. Why would I say no? And even if I said no, she would just brush me off and ignore me.

"W-wouldn't Denis say something?" I ask because I know that she always sits next to him.

He isn't in the room yet, I still have a few minutes to live.

"Why would he say something? He doesn't control my life, I do whatever I want." Aria huffs and moves her hands around, wanting to show me that she really means what she says.

Denis will kill me. I am sure.

I don't know if they are a thing but there were a lot of rumors saying this, and even if I know that rumors are just words, that maybe aren't true, you never know.