Chapter 41 - Spidey

It has been a couple of months since I left Beacon Hills. I went to France for a little while and met up with Isaac, who still lives there. I also went to London and saw Ethan and Jackson. They both annoy me still so much.

I am now in Washington DC again, and I'm staying in this rundown hotel near the outskirts. I'm trying to keep a low profile but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy my time. 

I sit on a bench, overlooking the Washington Monument when a load of school kids caught my view. I roll my eyes at them as they jump around celebrating something. I notice one girl stayed outside of it while the others all go in to go to the top. 

Behind you.

Huh? I look behind and see Spiderman, of all people running up to the monument. Oh no, I think he spotted me. Yep he is coming right over to me.

"Hey, it's you! You remember me right? Trickster? I'm Spiderman!" He half yells and I try to shut him up.

"Shut up! I'm a fugitive remember?" I say so he can only hear me.

"Yeah, right sorry. Anyway I might need your help. My friend has a bomb but he doesn't know it and it's going to explode, I just don't know where he is. Have you seen a bunch of school kids?" Wait, what? 

"There is a bomb somewhere here! And your friend has it?" I ask in disbelief. Suddenly the top of the monument cracks and bits of stone crumbles down. "Was that the bomb?" 

"No, no, no, no, no. Karen what's going on up there?" Spiderman exclaims.

"Whos Karen?" 

"My friends are up there!" The girl from the school yelled. Wait do they supposedly know each other?

"What! Err, don't worry mam, everything is going to be okay." 

"Hey Spidey, go and help them. I can't do anything without being noticed but you can." He nods at me and starts climbing up the monument. I just hope he isn't as bad as I think. I keep watching along with everyone else in the crowd when a police helicopter flies up to Spiderman. 

"Void, can I help without my cover being blow?" I mumble to myself to void.

No, don't do anything. I don't want to be locked up again.

"Great." I got a few odd looks from the school girl from before, she keeps staring at me. Does she know who I am? More police and ambulances showed up. I will take that as my que  to get into the shadows. Just as I do, the people from inside run out, safe and sound.

I get away from the crowds and out of view from press. I see a backpack webbed to a tree and smirk. Cutting it down I take it with me. I stay nearby and watch as Spiderman appears, looking for his bag. 

"Looking for this?" I say, gaining the attention of the teenager. I smirk slightly. "You did good. A lot better than I expected to be honest." 

"Thanks, I guess." I hand him his bag. "What are you doing here anyway? Wait, should I tell Mr Stark that I've seen you?"

"I would love it if you didn't say anything. Jail doesn't agree with me. And I'm here just because I can. I've never been her before and I thought why not while I was in Washington." I say shrugging. I watch as Spiderman hesitantly takes off his mask.

"I'm Peter Parker by the way. I thought, well I know who you are so you may as well know who I am." I actually smile a bit. 

"Nice to meet you Peter."

"You too, Stiles." I go to leave but He keeps talking. "Wait, is your name actually Stiles?" 

"No, it's a much needed nickname. No one can pronounce my real one. See you around Spidey." He waves at me as I walk away from the monument. 

I get back to my crappy hotel and collapse onto the bed. I shut my eyes and fall asleep, only I still feel awake. I was in a white room with a closed, black door in front of me.

"You haven't figured it out yet have you Stiles. You haven't figured out what happened at the airport." I turn to see Void standing behind me. 

"That was just you messing with my head." 

"No, you know that it is something much bigger. But you don't realise how big." I shake my head in confusion.

"What are you talking about?" Void laughs and walks away.

"Chaos is coming. He is coming." What?

"Who is coming? Void!" I got no reply. I looked back at the door. I reach out to it and open it up. Inside I saw the world in grief and pain. And a thousand other worlds just like it. "How can I stop this?" 

"Do you really want to? Think of all the power we would have. All the pain to feed off of, would make us invincible. Don't you want that? Aren't you tired of being scared?" I shake my head in denial. 

"No, NO! That's what you want, and I am not you!" I yell into the darkness. 

"That's what you say now. I'll make sure to say I told you so." I cover my ears, trying to block everything out.

"Come on Stiles, wake up. WAKE UP!"

I sit up, sweat covering my whole body as I pant to try and catch my breath. I have an odd sense of deja vu. I slow my breathing and calm down a bit. It's probably nothing, just void trying to get to me. I don't even know what or who could cause that amount of pain. 

I look up and see my reflection in the mirror opposite me, I saw void. This is just my life now.