Chapter 10

All I heard was loud arguing when I went back to the store. "This is not the club!" Mrs. Ora shouted at Ari. "You're supposed to be working not standing around socializing!"
"I was working!" Ari shouted back. "The dude asked me to help him with something, and that's what I was doing!"
"What's going on now?" I asked Ari walking up to them.
"Mrs. Ora got her head up her ass because she's manager now," Ari said looking Mrs. Ora up and down.
"The problem is that she's too busy hoeing instead of working," Mrs. Ora said.
"Y'all cut it out," I tried to diffuse the situation. "There's costumers in here."
We definitely had an audience by now.
"She's just jealous of every woman that works here with her old ugly ass!" Ari went on. "Orange lipstick wearing bitch!"
"Jealous?! Ha!!!" Mrs. Ora laughed. "Why would I be jealous of a ran through whore like you? I wouldn't be surprised if you was sucking dick in the dressing room when you work that section!" She then pushed Ari, and before I knew it Ari had punched the old woman dead in the head knocking her on her ass.
"Ooh shit!" some dude hollered. "She knocked her old ass out!!"
"You're fired!" Mrs. Ora said while picking up her burgundy wig.
"Good because I hate working in this mothafucka!!" Ari hollered back. Then she walked by and kicked Mrs. Ora dead in her ass as she was trying to get up knocking her back down.
I looked up to see my mama, Joy, and Zuri standing by the door of the store.
"Damn!" Joy laughed. "So this is where you work at huh?"
"What y'all doing here?" I asked reaching for Zuri.
"We came to get me some new t-shirts and stuff," Joy answered. "We ain't know it was gone be like Jerry Springer in here."

Mrs. Ora couldn't even last all day. She claimed she hurt her leg, but I believe she was just embarrassed especially after she found out some customers had recorded it and posted it on Facebook. We ended up closing at 5.
"My leg is hurting, so I'm closing early," she said. "Girls go get your things. I'll make sure you still get paid for your regular hours."
I grabbed a pen and wrote a note requesting the 6th-10th of the next month off before grabbing my purse and heading out.

It was still early, and I didn't want to head home just yet. I decided to drive across the way to TJ Maxx to see what goodies I could get for cheap. Maybe I could find some things for my trip. I ended up purchasing two bathing suits, a cover-up, some shorts, three sundresses, and some cute lil dresses for Zuri. "Hey songbird," the cashier greeted. It was one of the women whose wedding I'd sang at a while back. "Hey Mimi! How you been?" I asked.
"I've been ok, just working. I be hearing you on the radio," Mimi said. "I'm so proud of you. I can't wait to say I know that girl when you blow up."
"Aww thank you so much Mimi," I said. "Wish me luck and keep praying for me."
"Will do," she said. "You must be going on vacation girl. I see you got bathing suits and sundresses."
"Actually I'm singing at this festival in Arizona in a couple of weeks," I told her.
"See you're on your way already girl!" she smiled.
She then scanned her employee ID and the price was cut down tremendously.
"Aww thank you Mimi," I said. "I really appreciate it."
"It's no problem," she said. "Just make sure you kill that performance."
"You know I am!" I said. "See you later!" We waved goodbye.

"You're home kinda early," my mama said when I walked through the door.
"Mrs. Ora let us off early after she got her ass beat," I said. "I can't believe y'all walked in on that madness. That was the icing on the cake."
"Your crazy ass would be working in a place like that," mama laughed. "You fit right in. I'm just glad you wasn't the one doing the fighting. They'd have to call the police and fire department."
"Aww ma.." I couldn't help but laugh. "Where's Zuri?"
"She's in the room with Joy," she answered.

I walked up to Joy's room to find her and Zuri dancing to YG's Left Right. I ran in the middle of them and started twerking moving one cheek at a time following the directions of the song.
"Go Vickie! Go Vickie!" Joy hyped me up. The song ended and we fell on the floor laughing. "I didn't know you could dance like that," she told me.
"There's a lot you don't know," I laughed. "I actually came in here to give you this." I pulled a maxi dress out of my bags and forty dollars out of my purse. "I know it's not much, but I appreciate you helping with the baby."
"Thank you," Joy said. "It's no problem. I know you help mama with the bills, and that's actually taking care of me too. And thank you so much for not ratting me out about the other night. I love you."
"I love you too Joy," I said. "Now come on Zuri so we can get in the tub." I grabbed Zuri and left Joy's room.
"Don't do it!" Joy shouted down the hall. "She grabs titties now!!"
"Zuri, you better not," I said looking down at her.

Later that night, I remembered that Jaison would be picking me up and dropping me off at work tomorrow, so I decided to shoot him a text with the time.
Me: say lil daddy you still giving me a ride tomorrow
Jaison: lil daddy huh? You gone be calling me daddy one of these days and you gone see that nothing is little about me. What time you gotta be there
Me: nigga I've felt that thang remember lol, but anyway 9 big homie
Jaison: ok be there at 8:15. Now send me a pic. I miss you lil ugly girl
I quickly snapped a pic and sent it
Jaison: Damn you still beautiful even with your hair all over your head. Thank you ma. See you in the a.m.
Me: night nigga
I then climbed into bed with a smile on my face.