Chapter 22

"Baby you good?" Jaison asked as we waited to go on stage. "You sure you can do this?"
"Yes Jaison," I smiled. "For the millionth time, I got this. Don't worry about me."
"Ok," he said. "I just know that this is a lot to deal with. It's a lot for me to deal with."
"I'm not gonna lie. My heart is broken, but I'm gonna put everything I got into this performance. CeCe would want me to," I said. "I want you to do the same."

"Are you guys enjoying the performances so far?!" the host asked the audience. The crowd cheered loudly. "Well I know you're definitely gonna enjoy the next performer. Let's welcome Jaison to the stage!" The crowd erupted into loud cheers and applause. Jaison opened up with his song called The Struggle which was about life in the hood. Then he lightened the mood by going into this party song called Shake Something. Some of the people in the crowd knew the words and sang along. The last song was our song. "This next song is called Me and You," Jaison said. "When I wrote this song, I just wanted this beautiful girl with this amazing voice named Victorie on it. I had no idea that the lyrics would actually be our lives. Victorie, baby can you come help me deliver this song for the people?" The crowd cheered loudly as I strutted onto the stage. The song started, and I got lost in the music. It was over before I knew it. I ended the song acapella. I ain't never had a love like this before. We go through some thangs and it gets tough sometimes, but I ain't going nowhere. It's me and you forever.
I didn't even realize I was crying until Jaison wiped my tears and kissed me. The crowd went wild.
"Baby these people seem to love you," he said to me. "Am I right y'all?"
The crowd cheered loudly and chanted my name. "You think you can sing a couple of songs for the people?"
"Yeah," I smiled. "I can do that."
"Ok baby. I'll be waiting for you back stage," he said before walking off.

"The first song I'm gonna sing for you is a song that I wrote for my beautiful baby girl," I said. "It's called Promise."
I was surprised when some of the people started singing along with me.
"I see some of you have been listening to my music. I'm glad you like it."
"I think I'm gonna do a cover of one my favorite songs by one of my favorite artists for you. I lost my best friend yesterday, and some of the lyrics make me think of her. CeCe this one is for you my girl!" The DJ started played the instrumental, and I started the song.
Hey my baby
Why you looking so down....
I sang the first verse then went into the chorus.
Can I talk to you
Comfort you
Let you know
I care for you

Can I talk to you
Comfort you
Let you know
I care for you
I was crying by the time I made it to the bridge and the end of the song.
Hold on (Hold on)
Stay strong (Stay strong)
Press on (For me baby)
I care for you (I care for you)
When the song ended, the people were crying and cheering at the same time.

"Baby you did great," Jaison said wiping my tears. "You killed that Aaliyah song, but I thought you was gone cover something else."
"I changed my mind right before the show," I said. "Yesterday I had a dream that CeCe was here with me, so I wanted to do a song for her."
"CeCe will always be with you," Jaison said hugging me tight.
"Girl that was amazing," Ari approached me wiping her eyes.
"Y'all killed that shit," Zayn grinned.
"Thanks my nigga," Jaison said dapping him up.
"Come here for a minute," Ari said pulling me away. "I'm so sorry about your best friend. I know no one can replace her, but you got me."
"I know Ari," I hugged her. "Thanks for being my girl."
"Always," she said hugging me back.
"What y'all over here talking about?" Zayn asked as he and Jaison walked over to us.
"None of your business," Ari rolled her eyes. "Nosy ass."
"I'mma have to spank your ass when we get back to the room," he told her.
We all laughed.

We were back in the crowd enjoying the other performances when Mr. Dan approached me again. "Hi Victorie," he greeted me.
"Hey Mr. Dan!" I smiled. "You came back."
"Couldn't miss it," he smiled. "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry about your friend. And I also wanted to let you know that I loved your performance.
"Thank you Mr. Dan," I smiled. "It was nice seeing you again."
"Keep up the good work, both of you," he said to Jaison and I before walking off.
"That old dude likes you," Ari said. "You better watch out Jaison."
"He's probably a record executive or something," Jaison said.
"I don't get any bad vibes from him," I said. "He seems to be a nice man. And if he is an executive that'll be a blessing."

"I'm really glad we got to come here," I said to Jaison while drying off.
"Me too," he said. "As crazy as these few days have been, I feel like it was a turning point."
"Yeah," I said. "Even though we're going back home, I feel like I'm stepping into a different world."
"I know baby," he said. "But sometimes you have to go through some things before you receive a bigger blessing."
"I'm glad I have you Jaison," I said. "To keep me sane." I then pulled him to me and kissed him. He then lifted me up and placed me on the countertop. "Jaison..." I moaned as he slid inside of me.
"You want me to stop?" he asked moving in and out of me.
"No..." I moaned. "Don't stop."
He then scooted me closer to the edge so that he could go deeper. Before I knew it I was shaking and cumming.
He then picked me up, placed my legs in the crook of his arms, and pounded into me. I screamed out and sucked on his neck as we came together. He then carried me to the bed, and we made love almost all night.