Chapter 18

"Good morning!" I greeted Jaison as I joined him in the bathroom.
"It was until I smelled yo breath," he said laughing.
Inside of talking, I just gave him the finger. I swear he got on my nerves sometimes. I didn't know whether to like him or hate him.
"What's the plan travel agent?" I asked him after I'd handled my hygiene.
"We all going to breakfast, and then we going hiking," he answered.
"Hiking?" I asked again just to be sure.
"That's what I said," he remarked. "It ain't gone kill you. Besides I wanna do stuff we wouldn't normally do while we're here."
"I guess I better pick out something comfortable and cool to put on," I said digging through my clothes. I ended up selecting pair of high waisted denim shorts and a cropped top.
"That's what you wearing?" Jaison said.
"Yeah why?" I asked giving him the side eye.
"I just feel like you be trying to tempt me," he said licking his lips.
"Man come on," I said grabbing my purse and sunglasses.

"That nigga Zayn ain't never on time," Jaison said looking at his watch while we stood in the lobby waiting on Ari and him.
"Ari said they was ready when I texted her earlier," I said just as they rounded the corner. The girl was glowing, and she was walking kinda funny.
"Bout damn time," Jaison and I said at the same time.
"Sorry," Ari smiled. "Something came up."
"Something like what," I smirked placing my sunglasses on my face. "A dick?"
"Man shorty will say anything," Zayn said shaking his head.
We ended up going to an IHOP.

"This trail is kinda long ain't it," I said sweating bullets. We were now on a hiking trail at Papago Park.
"Good," Jaison remarked. "You need to exercise after all the food you just ate. Greedy ass eat just like a nigga."
"Fuck you Jaison," I said sticking up my middle finger.
"I ain't never seen a couple act like y'all do," Zayn remarked.
"That ain't my girl," Jaison let him know. "But that's just how we do."
I don't know if it was the heat or what, but I suddenly began to feel so weak. I leaned on Jaison for support.
"You good?" everybody asked. Before I could respond, I threw up all over Jaison's feet.
"Got damn!" he said looking down at his shoes and back up at me.
"I'm sorry," I apologized.
"It's cool," he said looking at me with concern. "You probably just got overheated. Where's your water?"
"That water been gone," I answered.
He gave me his bottle which I ended up demolishing.
"We gotta head back," he said. "I don't want you to pass out though, so I'mma carry you." He then picked up me.
"You gone carry me?" Ari who was sweating bullets asked Zayn.
"Hell naw!" Zayn responded.
"After I just gave you my good stuff this morning..." Ari huffed rolling her eyes. Somehow we all made it to the car in one piece. The AC worked wonders for me during the ride back to the hotel, but I was still drained. I ended up stripping down to my underwear and crashing when we made it to the room.

"You're alive!" Jaison said when I woke up two hours later.
"No shit Sherlock," I responded.
"I hope you know I hurt my damn back carrying you," he laughed.
"Whatever!" I laughed. "I appreciate you though. I feel much better."
"Well I was thinking about heading out to the pool if you wanna come," he let me know. "But don't come if you think you gone drown because I'm through helping you for the day."
I rolled my eyes. "Let me go throw on a bathing suit, and I'll come."
"Why you got on that big mumu?" Jaison asked when I was finished changing into my bathing suit.
"It's not a mumu; it's a cover up," I replied. "I know walking through the halls with all this fineness might cause a ruckus."

"Man why you put that on?" Jaison asked staring at my ass cheeks.
"So I could swim duh," I replied smirking. I had on an African print triangle top and matching cheeky bottoms that had cut outs on the sides.
"You like playing with me huh?" he said grabbing my butt cheeks. "I've never dealt with a female like you. I can't read you. We spending time together, kissing and shit, but when I open up. You pull away. I was being honest and telling you how I felt yesterday. For you to just act like you don't feel the same frustrates me."
I moved his hands and dove into the pool just to get away, but he was right behind me. When I came up for air, he did too.
"I'm feeling you, but a nigga got plenty of options. I'm running behind you, and other females chasing me. If a nigga get tired, and quit running then he might get caught by somebody else if you know what I mean. Don't wait until it's too late. I'm getting kinda tired of playing myself." He then swam to the opposite side of the pool.

Don't wait until it's too late. He got options. He's getting tired of playing himself. He's getting tired of me. That's all that kept replaying in my head as I made my way to a lounge chair. I was losing Jaison. I don't know which would be harder giving myself to him and maybe getting hurt or losing him and regretting that I never gave us a chance. "You don't have no words now huh," Jaison said sitting down beside me. "Hopefully you listening to your heart this time."
I was, and it was loud and clear making it impossible for me to continue ignoring it.

"Can I ask you a question?" Jaison said once we were settled back in the room.
"Yeah, go ahead," I said.
"Why you shut me out when it seemed like we was getting closer? Who broke your heart baby girl?" he asked.
"Well let me tell you a fucked up story," I started. "There was this young girl whose mother kept a tight leash on her and didn't school her about the game or anything dealing with the opposite sex. When the girl was sixteen, she met this fine ass charming older man. She lied to those closest to her just to sneak around with him for years. She gave him everything, her trust, her loyalty, her body, her heart. She thought he loved her because he pretended to until she got knocked up. Then she found out that he didn't give a damn about her."
"Damn," he sighed.
"Yeah damn," I continued. "That's why I become so closed off. I don't trust no nigga. Niggas could be wooing one female while laying up and fucking another one. I don't have time for that shit."
"Torie I would never," he said looking me in my eyes.
"I hear you Jaison," I said. "I can love you to death, but never fully trust you. I don't put nothing past nobody especially if they have a dick. I'm not gone lie; I do have feelings for you Jaison. I'm just scared of being the only one making a commitment."
"I'm sorry that nigga put you through that," Jaison said. "But just give a nigga a chance to show you that I'm different."
"Ok Jaison. I hear you," I said walking off to get ready for our night out.