Chapter 33

The next day I was a bundle of nerves as I waited for Jaison to call me after his meeting. After putting Zuri down for a nap I couldn't sit still, so I'd cleaned every room in his house and even attempted to cook a meal.
"Bae where you at?" he called as he entered the house.
"In the kitchen," I answered.
"So what happened?" I asked soon as he entered the room. "I told you to call me as soon as you left the place. I know the meeting didn't go on for hours."
"I went over to see my nigga Armad," he said. "I had to have him look over some things before I signed the contract."
"You signed to the label?" I screamed.
"Yeah baby," he smiled. "Your man got a record deal!!"
I ran up on him damn near knocking him down. "I'm so happy for you baby!" I showered him with kisses.
"You up next," he told me.
"I hope so," I said.
"Something smell good in here," he said looking around.
"I cooked you a lil something something," I smiled. "It's almost done."
"I'm scared. I'd hate to die the same day I got my deal," he laughed.
"Whatever," I said. "Starve then."
"This is really good," he said as we ate ranch chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans. "You sure you did this?"
"Man why you can't just let me be great?" I laughed. "I'm getting better thanks to YouTube and Pinterest."
"You think your mama will mind keeping the baby while we go celebrate tonight?" Jaison asked.
"No," I answered. "She actually called me asking for her tonight. She said she misses her baby since we spend most of our time here."
"Cool," he said. "I'mma invite a couple of my people to go out with us tonight. Call Ari and see if she wanna roll."

"Damn girl," Jaison said licking his lips. "I know you ain't wearing no draws. We might not make it to the club."
"We better make it," I said. "I spent all that time finding something to put on." I had on an olive green lace bralette, pants that laced all the way up the legs in the front, and matching high heeled sandals. I'd twisted my locs up into a high bun with some of them hanging to frame my face.
"We going back to Club Truth?" I asked laughing.
"Aww hell no!" he said. "I'm still trying to get over the last time."

Ari and Nicholas we're standing outside of Club Rage as we walked up.
"Hey Nick," I greeted him. "How you been? Jaison didn't tell me you was back in town."
"Shit I didn't know either," Jaison said. "But I'm glad you here cuz."
"I just got here like an hour ago," Nicholas said. "I had to come back and see my girl."
"Mmhmm," I smirked pulling Ari to the side.
"You sneaky bitch," I said.
"What?" Ari said innocently. "I really like him so we kept in touch. He's a step up from Zayn's community dick having ass."
"Well hell do you then," I laughed. "But if he tries to play you, I'mma fuck him up. I don't care if he is Jaison's cousin."
"Man come here baby," Jaison said waving me over. "Come meet my people while you over there talking crazy. I know that's what you doing."
"He knows your ass like a book," Ari laughed.
We walked over to where two other dudes and girls were.
"This is Cedric and his girl Anika, and this is Mike and his girl Sheika," he introduced us. "This my girl Victorie and her friend Ari."
We all exchanged pleasantries and headed inside the club.

"She keep grinding on that man like that her ass gone end up pregnant," I heard Ari and Anika laugh.
"Don't hate on me because I know how to work my body," I said sticking my tongue out. We'd been sipping on some Crown, so I was a little tipsy.
After the song ended we all headed to the ladies room together. As Sheika and I waited for Ari and Anika to come out of their stalls, Bonquisha from Dulan's came into the bathroom with one of her dusty friends. "That's the bitch I was telling you about," she said to her homegirl. I don't know if the bitch had a lil liquid courage or what, but she had life fucked up. "You was talking all that shit yesterday, but I ain't at work now," she said mean mugging me. "Wassup bitch?"
Sheika was TTG because she'd already removed her hoops, and her hair was now twisted into a bun.
"I know this bitch ain't talking to me," I said to Sheika.
"She followed us in here like she want smoke," she shrugged. "So light her ass up sis."
I slapped Bonquisha so hard that she fell and slid across the floor. She got up and tried to fight back, but she was no match for me. Meanwhile Sheika whooped her friend's ass. When they did get off the floor, they could've won an Olympic medal getting out of there.
"Well that was interesting," Ari laughed.
"Why you do that girl like that Sheika?" Anika asked laughing.
"She shouldn't have came her ugly ass in here," Sheika huffed still mad. "I done tore my damn strap on my shirt."
"We can fix it," Ari said pulling a blade out her purse. She cut the other strap, and we tied it around Sheika's neck making it a halter.
"Here use this concealer and cover this scratch on your chest Victorie," Anika said reaching into her bag. "I don't want to hear these niggas' mouths when we go back out there."
I lead us out the restroom and ran smack into Jaison.
"What the hell y'all was in there doing?" he asked scowling at me.
"Nothing," I said. "What you talking about?"
"Nothing, you just been gone for a minute," he said.
"I'm bout ready for you to take me home, so we can do some real celebrating," I whispered in his ear licking his earlobe.
"Well shit let me go tell them niggas we leaving then," he said.