Chapter 22

"Hi." I cringe, giving him and awkward handshake. "Haven't really seen you in a while.

"Yeah. How are you doing Summer?" He asks me, holding his helmet under his arm.

"Good." I tell him, racking back and forth on my feet. "Asher's been great."

"Well I'm glad you're happy. That's all I want." He gives me a tight smile, and then adds something after that makes my heart stop. "I just don't want him to hurt you like Bentley did."

"He won't." I angrily spit at him, and give him a glare.

"I'm sorry Sum. I just don't want you to get hurt again."

"Asher won't hurt me." I tell him, turning away, pulling a stunned Asher away with me.

Two weeks later...

My hands shake as I pull a condom box off of the shelf, and and look at the words. My eyes squinting to read them. I still hadn't gotten used to the embarrassment that came with buying them. Even though this was my second box.

"Summer?" I look up, and see Freddy at the end of the isle. I quickly put the box back and watch as Freddy makes his way to me. "What are you doing here?" I glance at the shelf beside me, my cheeks flaming. Freddy follows my gaze.

"Oh." He says. We stand in silence for a long time. "I didn't realize you and Asher were so close." I hit my lip and finally look up at him. He looks like he's about to cry.

"It's not any of your business." I remind him. Grabbing the box I put down and put it in my basket, next to my birth control and plan B pills.

"But this soon after Bentley? Are you even sure about this?" His eyebrows furrow as he takes in everything in my basket.

"I don't care about what you carry about Freddy." I tell him, and storm off. I can't even remember why I liked him in the first place. My phone buzzes and I pick it up.

"Hey babe." I here Asher say huskily. "What are you doing tonight?" I bit my lip and pat for the items.

"Are you sure don't want some pregnancy test with all that." The lady at the till says. I give her the stink eye.

"Nothing. Just waiting for you." I say, as I make my way out of the store.

"Great, see you tonight then? I want to take you out for dinner."

"Of course."

Hey guys!! Just wondering if any of you are enjoying the story! If you are please comment down below if you want me to continue the story! If not I'll just find a faster way to end it!

Thanks with all my love!
- Fremmer_alltheway