Hear me{Chapter I}

I wish I had a good life. One of those lives out of those wonderful movies we paid millions to see in the theater. Almost every movie had a happy ending to it, almost to the point it was rare to watch a movie that didn't have one. Well this was my movie and unfortunately I didn't have a happy ending.

My life has always been full of chaos, lies and tragedy. I've always been a good and smart girl that's what my mom told me and I always lived by it. My name is Kamora Gray I'm 25 and I live in New York City. I recently moved here from Canada but I had to move because of certain chaotic reasons. My past was so horrible that I felt uncomfortable in my hometown Toronto, I had to remove myself to start my life over.

Moving to New York was a great idea of course I still had a few problems but none were as bad as they used to be. I was in my apartment at 8:00 o'clock pm sipping on red wine and working on my newest project that was dropping next week. I was a author and I was having a book release party.

I was excited because that meant my friends were going to be there. I loved them so much because they supported me no matter what. My friends were all successful they all had jobs they were incredible at and loved. As I added the finishing touches on my book I was interrupted by a loud knock at the door.

The knock was so loud that I spilled a little bit of wine on my clothes. I sucked my teeth and quickly went to go grab the hidden bat that was under my sink so I can open the door. I had plenty of reasons why I was spooked when I got unplanned visits. When I opened the door it was these three dumb motherfuckers standing there holding snacks and more wine.

"Well damn bitch why you got a bat?" Yanaí asked me as she walked in
"Right bitch! Who the fuck got you opening doors like that?" Jp asked
"Don't act surprised why I have it. So Can y'all just get in the house already?" I said irritated
"So what you doing we wanted to stop by to have a girls/ guys night with you" May asked

"I'm finishing up my project you know the release next week. I'm just tweaking it but I'm damn near done" I replied

"I can't wait to get my copy, lord knows you been working for years on this lil book" Jp said

Jp was from New Orleans, he was the youngest(24) out of all of us. He moved to nyc to become a doctor at Bellevue hospital because that was his dream hospital to work at. He worked hard and did whatever he could to achieve his goal. It didn't matter what he went through, nothing was never enough for him. He worked and worked until he was the head doctor that's just the type of person he was. Never stopped at anything until he was completely satisfied. Although he had a very important job he always found a way to still get wild and have fun.

"Child fuck you! This book wasn't easy" I replied
"What's the release date?" Yanaí asked
"Next week, Tuesday. Why? Do you have to work?" I asked her
"Nah all of us are off" May said
"Okay that's good because I really want y'all to be there" I said

"Girl I wasn't gon go to work anyway. I have plenty of sick days left and baby I need a break. Eli been acting stupid because he said I don't give him enough of attention like hoe I'm tryna collect this bag. It's money to be made, He lost his job and now he wanna sit on my expensive ass couch and eat chips all day like fuck nigga get up and get a damn job." Jp ranted

"You need to get rid of him and get you somebody who is husband material" May said

May was 5 years deep into marriage, she was so in love. She was a 26 year old successful nurse and worked as hard as anybody could. She was from Miami and moved to New York to transfer to Bellevue as well and to also start over. Her husband Kendall and her were high school sweet hearts. They had their downfalls but other than that they were happy. I've always looked up to their relationship and thought that can be me some day but unfortunately I was still single. May was the calm one in the group she had fun but she wasn't too wild about it. After Jalen, I just didn't do good with men, Jalen ruined my life and drove me crazy.