Chapter 1: Hope

Angel's POV:

I woke up to the sound of my brother calling me. "Angel? Yo Angel?! Mama said wake up." He said, flickering the light on and off. He knows that annoys me. I groaned and rolled over. "Alright." I said. He closed the door and walked off down the hall. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I got up and walked to the bathroom. I took my shower, put on some clothes, brushed my teeth, did my hair, and got my stuff for school. I walked down the hall to the kitchen to find my mama, and siblings all at the table. "Hey y'all." I said, greeting them. "Hey Angel. Sorry, I didn't have time to cook y'all breakfast this morning. Other things got our attention." My mama, Stephanie, said. I looked at her and noticed she was grinning from ear to ear. "Mama, why you so happy?" My little sister, Tasha, said. My mama grinned even harder. "Something good must've happened." My brother, Trey said.

"Something like that..." my mama said, smiling. She then looked towards her room. We all turned to see my Dad, Bryant, standing in the doorway, in his uniform. "DADDY!!!" Me and Tasha screamed running to him. Trey ran to him too. We all hugged him tightly. He's in the Army and he's been gone for four years. This is the first time we've seen him since. When we looked up at him, he had tears in his eyes. "Oh my kids. You've all grown up so fast." He said. "Daddy, I've got big. I'm a girl now." Tasha said, grinning. I smiled at her. "Yes you have. Oh you got so big." My dad said, picking her up. "Dad, we've missed you man." Trey said, smiling. He had tears in his eyes, though he tried his hardest not to let them fall. "Trey, I've missed y'all so much." My dad paused.

"Ya know, it's okay to cry. A man can cry too." He said. Trey let loose his tears and hugged our Dad tightly. "Oh my baby has returned to his kingdom." My Mama said, walking up to us. She hugged and kissed him. "Yes I have. And you know what? Today, we are gonna spend the day together. No school for y'all today." He said. "Yo foreal?!" Trey fried. He nodded. "Yayyyyy!!!!" Tasha squealed. I smiled and hugged my Dad. No school huh? Time to let Keisha know I'm not going to school today. "Angel, you in?" Trey called, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Huh?" I asked. "We going to Dairy Queen first, then shopping. You coming?" He said, putting on his jacket. I smiled and nodded.

^Bryant Starlight

^Bryant Starlight