Chapter 19: Eventful Day Part 3

Angel's POV:

After I let Justin in, I saw he was soaking wet. I let him in and Kacey insisted I get him into some warm clothes so I gave him some of Trey's clothes to wear while his dried off in the dryer. He said he wanted to talk to me. Kacey and Keisha decided to leave me with him and go God knows where. I waited for Justin to speak but he continued to watch TV. I got irritated with him and straight up told him if he wants to talk to say something and if not to get out. He seem to get angry with me about it. Like I care. Bitch you do. Fuck you Rose. "Justin, it seems to like you came here to watch TV rather than talk." I said. He slowly turned his head at me and glared. I'm not gon front, it frightened me but I was not gon back done. "Angel I don't get why your so damn aggressive with me. I didn't do anything to you." He said. I scoffed. "Boy bye. You caught an attitude with me at IHOP cause of a fucking target." I said.

He looked at me. "That's all?" He asked. I growled at him. He did too. "Angel you don't scare me." He said, with a blank look on his face. "You should be scared." I said. "And why would I be?" He asked, putting his arm behind the couch. "Uh, because I'm way more powerful than you." I said, nonchalantly. He chuckled. "You think just cause the Great Amulet made you the chosen one you think your invincible? Nah babygirl. It don't work like that. Everyone has a weakness." He said. I stared at him. "What? Oh you thought...wow. You really thought you were invincible. That you couldn't beat defeated. Well wake up Angel. You can. You may be ten times more powerful than the rest of us but you can be killed just like the rest of us." He said. This was news to me. "But I thought..." I trailed.

"Exactly. You thought. Angel, you have so much to learn. You have so much development to go through. This doesn't happen as soon as you have it. You may be the very first Uni-Hybrid in existence, but you're just like us, nothing too special." He said. This hurt my feelings. He turned his attention back to the TV. I was crushed by his words. I'm not anything special? You are love. I felt a hand on my face. I looked to see Justin wiping away my tears. I hasn't even realized I was crying. "Angel, I'm sorry. I'm hurt right now." He said. "Why?! I'm the one that's hurt. Why would you say something like that to me?!" I cried. "Angel, I'm sorry." He said. I began to sob. His words really hurt my feelings. He hugged me tightly to help comfort me. I squeezed his arm. "I'm really sorry Angel." He whispered. "What did I do to you Justin?" I asked, sniffing.

I wiped my face and looked up at him. He stared at me with his bright green eyes. "I'm hurting right now." He said. I opened my mouth but he spoke first. "No it's not Abby." He said. I closed my mouth then opened it again. "Then what is it?" I asked. He sighed. "A lot. I just found out my Dad is going to Venezuela to go find Grey. I just got Mike and Kacey together, as he had a crush on for the longest. Abby won't stop tagging me in posts. And you don't care about me." He said. I was taken aback. "Justin I do care about you." I said. "No you don't. Hell I'm your mate but you don't want to be with me." He said, sadly. "Justin-" he cut me off. "Angel, do you know how hard that is to have your mate reject you and how rare it is to find another mate. That's the thing in the Magic world. You either find your mate, a mate that you, and be totally crushed when you find out they don't want you." He ranted.

I was silent. "I mean think about it. How often does another mate come by and make you happy and full of life again? None. It's like a once in a lifetime opportunity. It doesn't come around like that unless you reach old age." He continued. I stayed silent, hoping to hear how he really feels. "Angel, you don't get it. There's so much for you to learn about our world. Now that your part of it, you need a history lesson on it. Mates, their something you cannot easily come by. You have to meet a lot of people in your life before you find that one person. That one person that comes into your life and suddenly your world revolves around them. When that one person come into your life, your gonna wanna do everything you can to make them happy and keep them in your life. But when they reject you..." he trailed off. I motioned for him to continue.