Chapter 4: Vanilla

Justin's POV:

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock on my phone. I jolted upright, causing myself to become dizzy. I held my head until I was better. I looked at my phone to turn the alarm off. I seen I had text messages from Abby and the gang. They were all worried about me because Abby called me and I didn't pick up. I rolled my eyes. This girl. Do what Mike said and dump her. I'm not doing that. I can handle her. It's just something I need to do soon so she'll get off my case. "Justin!!!" My mom called. "I'm up!!! I just need to get ready!!" I called back. I got up and walked to my bathroom.

I took my shower, got dressed, brushed my teeth and hair, gathered up all my books for school and headed downstairs. I saw Otis pouting in his chair, while Alison played with her dolls. "Otis don't tell me your still mad about yesterday?" I asked. He glared at me. "He'll get over it." Dad said. I looked at him. He was looking at his phone. "Honey, at least think about it." Mom suddenly said. "Alicia don't start with this again." Dad said. "Start with what?" I asked. "Otis, Alison, go wait in Justin's car." Mom said. They got up and left without a word. "Okay I was thinking maybe you could take Otis out with you one day on your night run, so he'll see why he needs to wait. It at least know what he's getting himself into." Mom said.

"Are you serious?" I asked. She nodded. "No Alicia. We're not doing it so forget it. I want Otis safe and sound in our home." Dad said, drinking his coffee. "Well Dad, as much as I want Otis to be safe, Mom has a point. If Otis sees what I do during the night, maybe he'll back off and give it time to think." I said. He slammed his fist down. "He is NOT going out there until he's ready. Now I don't want to hear another word on this." He yelled, as he got up to leave. I looked at Mom. She looked pissed. "Justin, maybe tonight, take him out there with you. I know will learn so much from you." She said. "I can try. I will have to see if I can sneak Otis out." I said. She smiled and kissed my head.

I walked out to my car to find Otis and Alison fighting over a muffin. I got in the car and snatched it from them. "Hey." They both said. "Well I'm the oldest so I get to eat it." I said. Just then, I felt something thrown at me. I looked at the two of them. They both pointed at each other. I growled at them and pulled off. I dropped them off at school and drove to mine. The day went by slowly. Abby kept being the spoiled brat she is, while Mike was stressing over Kacey. I really wanna help him but Abby might think I'm out for Kacey. I don't need that kind of noise right now. During lunch, Kacey came by and Mike became a nervous wreck. Kacey does have her off days on the school committee.

She's thinking about calling it quits because she has too much on her plate and she doesn't want to stress herself out. Especially when finals roll around. School committees take a week off to focus on their work so they get a lucky pass. But Kacey doesn't wanna risk it. I tried to talk to her but Abby rolled around and thought I was flirting with her. Mike was right about her being controlling. I had to figure out a way to deal with her. After I did all my after school clubs and work, I went home. Abby wanted to come with me but I said no. I drove home and changed I to my night clothes. I thought about what my Mom said about bringing Otis with me.

I was going to do it but my Dad must've overheard our plan because he made sure Otis stayed home and that I left before he did. He said he wanted to do rounds with me, as father and son. I went ahead and did my rounds. I caught and killed three men and two women. The AA must've had numerous targets tonight because almost everyone came outa Nd helped tonight. My Dad made his way over to me as I was leaving. He said he wanted to help me out. I didn't care. As I was making my way to another target, I heard a girl scream. I transformed and flew to her screams. Then the smell of vanilla hit me hard. That smell is back. What is that? I can't get enough of it.