Chapter 27: Escape

Angel's POV:
Four Years Later*

I woke up to being wet. I opened my eyes to see Grey standing over me. "Wake up babygirl." Grey said. I glared at him. "What do you want?!" I yelled. "Well first, lose the attitude." He said. I rolled my eyes at him. "Second, you ready to give me what I want?" He asked. "Nigga fuck you." I said. He growled and lunged for me. I twisted my body so he fell into the wall. I then lit myself on fire. My blue flame burned him as he struggled to get away. I wrapped my legs around him and burned brighter. He cried out in pain as he struggled to get loose from me. I finally let him go and he stumbled across the room. "YOU FUCKING BITCH!!! Wait til Abby heard about this." He said, as he went upstairs. I found out he was working with Abby shortly after he kidnapped me. He pulled out a laptop and she was on the screen. She threatened to kill my baby I unless I gave her the Great Amulet. I repeatedly told them that it was impossible to take it out of me.

She came down here once but it was to watch Grey torture and rape me. At first, I fought back but then I just laid there and it made it no fun for Grey. He eventually resorted to using his hands to molest me. But he sometimes rapes me. It was tough but I had to deal with it. I thought of many ways to escape him but he somehow caught on to all of it. I looked at my restraints and lit myself on fire. I made my flame get brighter and hotter til it melted the metal. I got up and made myself invisible. It was a defense mechanism for mermaids to keep hidden from human. I walked up the stairs and looked Jewel. She was made daughter that I was worried about. Grey began showing signs of attraction to her lately. I got worried and scared for her protection. He separated us when she learned how to talk. I walked around and looked for my babygirl.

^Jewelina Starlight

^Jewelina Starlight

I sniffed the air and her watermelon scent was near. I followed the scent to an old, decrepit room. Just like mine. There she was in bed, lying down. I whispered to her. "Jewel? Jewel?" I called. She sat up and looked at me. "Mommy!!" She cried. I shushed her. "Come on baby. We're getting out of here." I said. "How Mama?" She asked. "Make yourself invisible baby." I said. She brought her fiat to her face and she was gone. I lit myself on fire and burned the door. It opened and she ran out and hugged me. I picked her up. "Come on baby." I said. I carried her out the basement to the upstairs area. I looked around and saw a dozen guys there. "Okay baby. We gotta be careful." I said, as we made our way through the men. We were careful not to bump into anyone. Then Grey appeared at the top of the doorway. "Alright man. I'll see you later." He said. Then he sniffed the air. He walked down the steps and sniffed around.

He couldn't use his powers because we were around humans. "Grey, whatchu doing man?" A dude asked. "Looking for someone." He said, as he came closer to me. I grabbed Jewel's hand and led her away from him but he followed. I picked her up and ran up the stairs and out of the bar room. He ran after us. I don't think he could see us but he knew we were there. "ANGEL!!!" He yelled out. I took off running. "Mama!!!" Jewel cried. I couldn't hold us invisible for long. My powers gave out because of my fear. "THERE YOU ARE!!!!" He yelled. Some dudes ran behind him. "We gon get them Grey." One dude said. I ran faster. "MAMA!!!" Jewel cried. She began to scream. I then turned a corner and watched the dude slip and fall into a fruit stand. I ran into the woods and behind tree. "Baby? We gotta fly." I said. "But Mama-" I cut her off.