Chapter 9: First Day

Angel's POV:
3 Weeks Later*

I woke up and felt giddy. Then the events came flooding back to me. I killed three more dudes and Justin was there to watch me. Ever since my first few kills a few weeks ago, he wanted to watch me from a distance. I knew he was there but I couldn't approach him. . I sat up and looked at my phone. Kacey texted me something. She calls me her bestie now that Keisha is gone. But I'm tryna figure out how I'mma tell her that no one can replace Keisha. She said she's not but that's the vibe I e been getting from her. When I came home last night, I asked Kacey for Justin's number. She gave me everyone's number except Abby's. I did not want her on my phone. I sat up and got ready for school. I showered, got dressed, brushed my teeth, did my hair, grabbed my stuff and headed out the door. I turned a corner and Tasha immediately ran to me.

"Whoa what's up little munchkin?" I asked. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes. "Tasha what's wrong?" I asked. "She was worried about you and Trey on your hunts last night." Mama said. "Tasha we're completely fine. Now stop all that crying." I said, playfully. She sniffed and wiped her face. I walked over to the kitchen then I saw it. "Mama, Daddy, what's that?" I asked. They were confused til they saw what I was looking at. "Angel we talked about this yesterday. We have to relocate, remember? I know your gonna miss this home-" I cut her off. "'Miss?' Yeah I'm gonna miss it but I'll be even more happy we're moving somewhere better." I said. "Well good. Go pack. Y'all transferring to another school." She said. "Oh." I said, softly. "What's wrong baby cakes?" Dad asked.

"It's just...I thought we had some time before we moved." I said. "Sorry Angel. Bishop really wants us to move into this house as soon as possible. Annie put in a transaction through the school for y'all". Dad said. "Yay." Tasha cheered. Mama glared at her. She must be on her period or something. "Yes yay Tasha. You need your education. And your new school is gonna provide that." Dad said. "But it's hard Daddy. Fractions are hard." She whined. "Well hopefully they'll teach you something more on the subject at the new school." Mama said. She blew a breath. "Now please y'all. Go pack and have your bags get ready to leave. Bishop sent some workers over to bring your bags over." She said, as she sat down. I looked at her. "Mama, you okay?" I asked. "I'm fine. Just need to stay off my feet for a few." She said, wiping her forehead. "Yeah. Ya do." Trey said.

"Boy excuse me?" She asked, angrily. "Mama, you've been taking good care of us. Now let us take care of you. We're moving to a new house, a clean house." He said. "Mama, he's right. We're old enough to take care of ourselves. You need to rest and not worry too much about us." I said. "Honey they're right. Besides, I'm here now. I can take care of them, especially Tasha. You rest up and don't worry about them." Dad said, as he grabbed a cup of coffee. "Now. Off to your school, til Annie gives the okay to transfer y'all. She said she'll send some of the other recruits to come get y'all." He said. "But don't they have school too?" I asked. "Yes. Annie and Bishop will take care of everything. Y'all go on ahead." He said.

I looked at Trey. He shrugged and grabbed his book bag. I did the same. I grabbed Tasha's band and we walked out the door. We got in the car and drove off. "Trey do you think Mama's okay?" I asked. He put a finger to his lips and motioned to Tasha behind us. "Yeah she's fine. Just sleepy." He said, giving me a look. We pulled up to Tasha's school and she got out and ran inside. "Alright look. Mama thinks she's either sick or pregnant." Trey suddenly said. I gasped. "Are you serious?!" I exclaimed. "Dude chill. We ain't having no more babies and shit dawg. Fuck all that noise." He said. "Aw come on Trey. We're gonna be big brother and sister again." I said, excitedly.

"It's not official yet Angel. She said she's gonna go to the doctor and get checked out while Dad is away at AA. She doesn't wanna false claims." He said. He pulled into the school parking lot. "Well I hope she is pregnant." I said, getting out. "I don't." He said. "Trey why are you so against this?" I asked. "Cause Tasha's enough high energy. We don't need another one coming around making our lives hell." He said. "Oh I get it. Somebody's jealous." I said. He glared and snarled at me. "Bitch bye." He said, as he stormed off. I laughed at him. I went to my classes as usual. It wasn't til 11:45 that me and Trey were checked out. Me and him said our goodbyes to our friends and left. A worker came up to us as we walked out the door.