Chapter 7: First Mission

Angel's POV

After my training, I felt great. But I was pissed because Abby wanted to be a bitch and show off her knife throwing skills. Almost took my head off. "I'll be sure to mention this to Annie." Trey said. "No." I said. "Why not?" He asked. "Cause I'm not tryna start shit." I said. "Angel, she threw a fucking knife at your head." He said. "Okay and? As much as I wanna fight her, I'm not going to do that. I'm not here to cause trouble." I said. He stared at me. "Trey please. I really don't wanna start shit with anyone. Can we just go see Annie?" I asked. "Fine. I'll handle her myself." He said. "Trey don't please." I pleaded. "Now if Keisha was here, you'd been fought her." He said.

"What? No I wouldn't. I'd tell her the same thing. To leave it alone." I said. He glared at me. "Trey please. Just let it go." I said. He stared at me before finally giving in. "Fine man." He said. We stepped on the elevator and Kacey presses the button. I looked ya her. She still looked pissed. "Kacey what's wrong?" I asked. "He's right to tell Annie. Abby gets away with too much shit already. She's not getting away with this." She said. "Please Kacey." I pleaded. She shook her head. "If you tell, I won't be your friend anymore." I said. She didn't say anything. She blew a breath and said, "Fine, but Annie will find out. Her and Bishop. They always find out things." She said. "Well they'll just have to find this out. I really don't wanna start shit with anybody." I said.

The dizziness and lightheaded stiff came back. I held my head. I looked down at Tasha. She seemed unaffected by it. So I guess it worked. She's now a magical being. When the doors opened, we got off and looked around for Annie and Bishop. "Angel?" I heard a voice. I turned to see Mama standing in a doorway. "Hey." I said. "Mommy!!!" Tasha yelled. She made a few heads turn, as she ran to Mama. "I trust training went well?" Bishop asked, as he appeared next to Mama. I nodded. "Yes sir. Everything is fine." I said. He stared at me. "Angel, no need to lie and cover for Abby." He said. I was confused. "We have cameras everywhere in this building. We seen what she did. We'll deal with her." Annie said. "No please. I really don't want to cause any trouble." I said.

"Angel it's fine. It's no trouble." She said. "No please. Really it's nothing." I said. They stared at me. "Angel you are very sweet person. But please stow that for your first mission tonight. You gotta put sweet Angel away and bring out the Angel we saw in the Arena." Bishop said. "Okay. I'll try." I said. He walked up to me. "You mean you will." He said. "Bryant, Stephanie, I almost forgot. Since your daughters are now members of our family, metaphorically, and now that Bryant's home, I would like to relocate your family." He said. "Understood sir." Dad said. "Wait, relocate?" I asked. "Yes Angel. I heard you got attacked one night and one of our members saved you. That criminal who attacked you is Grey. We've been searching and chasing him for centuries." Bishop said.

"Centuries? How long is that?" Tasha asked. He looked at her. "That would be a hundred years darling. He's a ruthless thug and he's needs to be captured soon. That's why having new recruits means we'll have a better chance at outnumbering him and taking him down." Bishop said. He limped over to his cane. "How come you guys been chasing after him for centuries? How old is he?" I asked. "It's hard to tell. He's a vampire. He stopped aging himself at 25. I want him found and left for me to deal with." He said. "Honey we talked about this. Leave him to me." Annie said. He looked at her and began speaking Korean. They argued in the language got a few minutes before Annie gave up.

"Annie I know you worry about my health but I will not rest until Grey is captured." Bishop said. "How com who's name is Grey?" Tasha asked. "That's what he wears most of the time. He always wears it so we call him that." Annie said. She then walked over to the window. He sighed and followed her. "Annie, I know this is hard.-" she cut him off. "Your right. It is. I don't wanna wake up to find my husband is dead because he'd stressed himself to death." She cried. "I'll be fine." He said. He said something in Korean then turned to us. "Now. Bout your relocation. I've assigned a house to you. It's in your name, Stephanie and Bryant. It's for you. Consider it a welcome to the association Starlight family." He said.