Chapter 29: Training

Angel's POV:

After I told Jewelina I was in AA, she was shocked. I told her what I did at night and what she will have to do. She was hesitant at first but she said she'd do it. After I brought her back in the house, she said she was hungry. Mama cooked breakfast for everyone. We ate then got ready to go to AA. I rode with Trey and Tasha. I was surprised to see how tall she got when I left. She was more smarter and wiser than ever. She and Otis still had their relationship private. He wasn't going anywhere without her. He sat in the other side of her as he rode with us. He stared at her with such lust while she was on her phone playing Candy Crush. I looked down at Jewel. She stared out window, watching the trees whizz by. We pulled up to AA and got out. I grabbed Jewel's hand and led her to the doors. "Mama, is t Thai where we were last night?" She asked. I nodded.

"This is AA." I said. She gasped. "It's huge." She said. Bishop chuckled. "Thank you darling. But wait til you see the inside." He said, walking up to her. I looked around. "It looks different though." I said. "Yeah. We had a few paint jobs." Annie said. I nodded and walked inside. We walked to the elevator went up to the Arena. The doors opened and Jewel gasped. "This place is enormous." She said, running towards it. I watched her. She ran to the edge and my heart jumped. I used vampire super speed to run towards her. "Don't do that please." I said. She giggled. "Mama, it's so huge." She said. "Yes it is." I said. "Uh, Jewel?" Bishop called. He motioned us over to the surgery room. Jewel stopped. "Mama, what's this?" She asked, clutching to my leg. The nurse looked up at her and stared. It made me growl lowly. "Uh Jewel, we're gonna have you put this dress on." Annie said. Jewel stared at it then her.

"For what?" She asked. "It's something you'll need." Annie said. "It's not my color." She said. I rolled my eyes. "And why would I ever need a dress like that?" She asked. Annie bent down. "Jewel, we're going to try something with you. Now it won't hurt at all. It's just a simple surgery." She said. "That word sounds painful. " Jewel said. Her eyes began to well up. "Jewelina baby, it's alright. I've done it. It's completely safe. I'll be here the entire time." I said. She looked up at me then grabbed the dress. I went with her to put it on. She walked out behind me. "It's on." I said. "Okay Jewel. Can you step up here place? Annie asked. Jewel climbed on top of the table. Yeh nurse tried to give her some gas to knock her out but she freaked out. The building began to shake. "Jewelina, relax!!! It's not gonna hurt you. I swear to you, it won't hurt you baby. Calm down." I said.

She held my arm and cried. "Jewel it won't hurt you. I won't let anyone hurt you okay? This is just gas to help you sleep." I said. "But I'm not tired." She said. "You'll be sleep for a minute. I'm gonna be here the whole time." I said. Her green eyes pierced mine. "I'm going to be right here. I promise." I said, as I held her hand. She laid back down. "Extraordinary." Someone muttered. I got angry and the place shook. "But she's calm." Trey said. "That was me this time." I said. The nurse but the gas mask on her face and she fell asleep. Her grip on my hand tightened. The nurse put the chip in her head, stitched her back up, and he was done. She woke up after a minute. I picked her up and took her to put her clothes back on. "Mama, why did I have to do that?" She asked, as we walked out the back room. "It's to help you Jewel." Bishop said. She stared at him.

"I was talking to my Mama." She said. I growled at her and she put her head down. "Sorry Bishop." I said. "Smart mouth seems part of her nature." Annie said. "Only when she's scared." I said. We walked to the Train room and I looked around. The memories of when I was first here all rushed back to me. The day Abby threw knives at me, when Justin helped me train for my first night. "Angel?" Kacey called. "Hmm?" I asked. "Your crying love." She said. I wiped my face. "Mama, what's wrong?" Jewel asked. I picked her up. "Nothing. Just reminiscing about being here." I said. "What does that mean?" She asked. "It means I was remembering when I first came here. I was scared but I got used it." I said. "Memories are still yet be made." Justin said, as he walked up to me. We walked to the elevator to go up to Bishop's office. Just then, I smelt Abby's scent. I looked around. "Bishop where's Abby?" I asked, clutching Jewel toward me me.