Chapter 10: Missing

Justin's POV:

I woke up to someone touching me. If this is Abby, I swear to God....I opened my eyes to see my Dad standing over me. It was silence before I spoke. "Can I help you with something?" I asked. "Yeah. Get up and get ready." He said. I groaned and pulled the covers over my head. He yanked them off me and yelled, "Get up Justin!!!" I groaned loudly and sat up. Just then, Mom walked in. "Honey, did you forget your supposed to be quiet?!" She hissed. "Sorry." He said. He looked at me. "You. Let's go. Now." He said. I reluctantly got up and showered, changed clothes, did my hair and teeth, then I headed out the door. We had to be quiet. We didn't want Otis and Alison to hear or see us leave. If they did, they automatically knew where we were going.

My Dad had a target. Annie and Bishop wanted me to help my Dad take him down. I didn't mind I just minded being woken up and hour than when I normally wake up. I was still tired and sleepy but my Dad splashed cold water on me. It really woke me up. He pulled up to a Starbucks shop. "Alright son. I know your tired." He said. "I am. I'm supposed to meet Mike and them to pick up Angel and them." I said. "Change of plans. Mike can't come with you. He's sick. He has a stomach virus. Apparently one of his targets last night was sick and now he caught it." He said. I groaned. "Aw man." I said. I was looking forward to seeing if I could get him to talk to Kacey. I was gonna ask Angel to talk to her and help her help me get those two together.

"Justin?" Dad called. "Hmm?" I asked. "Son please wake up. There's a reason Bishop and Annie wanted you to come with me on this hunt. They want to see if your worthy of becoming a big dog now." He said. This woke me up. "Really? So I can finally go after Grey?" I asked, excitedly. "Chill son. Their just want to see how you ca Handel yourself around a really dangerous criminal. If they like what they see, your in." He said. I looked around. "But we're at a Starbucks. What criminal is dangerous enough to be at a Starbucks?" I asked. "Do you wanna be a big dog or don't you?" He asked. I sighed and got out the car. "Okay Justin first thing-" He paused when he looked inside. "Shit." He muttered under his breath. "What's up?" I asked. "Looks like Billard got to him before us." He said. I looked inside and saw Billard's bald headed ass carrying a body out the shop.

"Patrick, Justin, how the hell are y'all?" He asked, laughing. "Oh, I hope y'all weren't planning on killing him, were ya?" He asked, cackling, waving the dead bodies arm. "Fuck you Billard." Dad said. "Don't get mad at me cause your too slow. Isn't that why you brought your son out here to do your dirty work?" He said, laughing. He walked off to his red truck and drove off. "You brought me out here to do your dirty work?" I asked. "Of course not Justin. I can do this myself. I just wanted to be there to see you become a big dog. Screw it. Let's go back home." He said, as he got back in the car. I did too but I didn't speak on the way back. I stayed downstairs and watched TV til Bishop and Annie sent their van. I grabbed my bag and ran out to it.

I got in and saw Celia and Abby. "Where's Colin?" I asked. "He's sick." Celia said. Man everyone is sick. Let's hope Angel isn't. She's human. She can catch anything. Don't put that in my head please. As we rode in silence, Abby kept tryna hold my hand. I pulled away from her every time. It wasn't til we reached an elementary school that she stopped. "Whose school is this?" Celia asked. "Oh my God. It's Angel's. God the ghetto is terrible." Abby said. I almost smacked her right there. Just then, we saw a little girl running towards the van. The doors opened and the workers key Tasha on. She looked at us then quietly sat down far from us. Is she afraid of us? She didn't move and inch. She looked at the snacks the van but it was close to us.

She didn't like like she was going to get up to get them. I heard her stomach growl three times before I decided to give her some gummies and a juice pouch. "Here you go Tasha." I said. She stared at them then at me. "You don't need to be afraid of us Tasha." I said. "I'm not afraid of any of you. I was told not to talk to strangers." She said. She got some sass for a little girl. I know right? "Tasha we're not strangers. We work together. That's all. I'm friends with your sister." I said. She thought about it. She slowly took the snacks from my hands. We rode around some more before we got to Angel's and Trey's school. They got in and, just like Tasha, sat far from us. Angel and Trey circles Tasha. Their protective over her. She is younger than they are.