Chapter 30: Lay Low

Justin's POV:

After Jewel had the chip inserted in her head, she was a quick little machine. She got into it with Tyler. She actually punched the shit out of him. I'm surprised she didn't break his jaw. She transformed into a wolf and tried to take him down. But the Magic Council showed up and stopped them. Abby took Tyler's side whoop Angel took Jewel's side. They got into it but they stopped. She and Tyler went with the Magic Council somewhere. I didn't care. I wanted Jewel safe from them. Lately, Tyler has been turning into Abby. It made me distant myself from him. He didn't care cause now he was yelling at me for not having his back. I did not care one bit. I told Angel that and hoped she'll leave it alone. Luckily, she did. We went back to the Train room and watched Jewel pummel the dummies. She could really fight. She was skeptical about becoming an assassin. Normally Annie doesn't take no answer when it came to AA but I guess cause Jewel was young, she didn't do anything about it.

Jewel learned how to transform and use her powers after we all got done training her. She was quick with her reflexes. She said that now she could become an assassin because she wanted to be like Angel. We went back to Angel's house and chilled for the rest of the day. Jewelina fell asleep so Bryant to her to Angel's room. I told her that I wanted to get to know her better so me and Jewel were to have a Daddy Daughter today. She was excited when she saw me. It made me happy. Angel and all the girls had left for a girls day. I drove Jewel around til we were at McDonald's. I ordered her a kid's meal and my a Big Mac. Afterwards we headed towards the beach. "Uh Daddy?" She asked. "Yes princess?" I asked. "Why are we here? I can't be around water." She said, in a high voice. She was so cute.

"Actually you can. You just need to be careful. We're not going swimming though. We're just gonna relax." I said. I glanced at her. She was looking out the window. I parked in a open spot and got out. She got out, carrying her food. "You okay?" I asked. She nodded. "I just miss Mama." She said. "Well Mama is having a girls day today. She needs to relax." I said. "Why didn't she take me?" She asked. "Well Mama needs a break. Besides, don't you wanna hang with me?" I asked. She nodded. We picked a spot that was near the shade and near the sun. She set her towel out and sat down on it. "Jewel are you sure your okay?" I asked. She nodded. Her eyes welled up. I hugged her. "Jewel it's gonna be fine. You'll see Mama again. Hey, maybe we can go by the spa to see her." I said. "Really? What's a spa?" She asked. "A spa is where people go to get massages, rose petals, hot rocks...they go to there to unwind and relax. It's really soothing." I said.

"Can we go see Mama?" She asked. "Not right now. She's not there yet but she will be." I said. She looked down. Just then, a beach ball came over to us. "Hey sorry." A little girl said. "It's fine. Hey Jewel you wanna play with her?" I asked. "Yeah we could use more players for monkey in the middle." The girl said. "Ummm." Jewel said. "Come on. Jewel it'll be fun. I'll be watching you the whole time." I said. "Okay. What's your name?" Jewel asked. "Mabel." The girl said. They both ran off to the other kids to play. I made her come back so I could sunscreen on her. I told her to remember to stay away from the water. She nodded and ran off. I watched the kids play monkey in the middle. I missed that game. It's been years since I last played. I called Mike and let him know how everything was going. He said he and Trey got into it with some guys from Buffalo Wild Wings. Their tempers have not changed. I heard a scream and jumped up, looking around for Jewel.

Turns out it was a little toddler screamed but, running from his Dad. Jewel was still playing with the beach ball. I looked around and saw a familiar silver car. I looked closer at the license plate number. I widened my eyes. Just then, my phone pinged. I looked at it. It was a text from Abby. It had an attachment. My heart raced. I was scared to look at it. I opened it up and horror replaced my happy go lucky mood. It was a picture of Jewelina with the beach ball. The text after read that my daughter was gonna be hurt soon if Angel doesn't leave. I growled and stood up. I packed up everything and grabbed Jewel. "Daddy, I wanna play." She whined. "Something came up. We have to go now." I said. "Aw can't she stay? We're about to have a water balloon fight." A boy said, as he threw a water balloon at Jewel. She gasped and ran off into the water. Damn it.