Chapter Twenty-Seven

hi sorry i have not updated i have been sick and dramatically dying

i am better now

here is a short chapter as I am remembering how to function

Chapter Twenty-Seven 

I fell asleep on the couch. I didn't expect Inanis to come back quickly, even though I wasn't even sure where he went.  

But when I awoke and noticed the clock read four in the morning, I became a bit nervous.

Where the hell did he go?

I started to pace the hotel room, wondering what I should do, if I should do anything at all.

I began to argue with myself. Part of me was adamant on believing he was a grown man who could take care of himself, the other part of me suggested he may be a grown man, but he certainly wasn't responsible.

But he goes out every day without me with him, how was this any different?

He also wasn't medicated and thinking irrationally.

Surely he's used to taking his pills by now.

And yet it's four in the morning, and he is nowhere to be found.

I groaned, rubbing my face in my hands, conflicted whether I should leave the hotel room or not.

I wasn't stupid, as badly as I would love to roam the streets on my own, I knew it was dangerous to go alone with my title as the Harvester.

Goddamnit where was he?

He was too stupid to own a cellphone, and I was too stupid to know who to call that would actually know where he could have gone.

For only a moment, the thought struck me that it was irrational to be worried for him. If something happened to him, it would most likely be more beneficial to this country than if he safely returned.

The thought didn't sit well in my stomach though, and for some reason, the fact that there was a chance he might not come back at all made me dizzy.

I was in the middle of hyping myself up to leave the hotel room when the door suddenly unlocked and swung open.

Inanis walked in, evident exhaustion written on his face as our eyes met.

"Where the hell have you been?" I ask him, before he could even get a word out, "Do you know what time it is?"

He ignored me, "What are you still doing up?"

"I was waiting for you, dumbass."

His eyes narrowed, as if skeptical, "Why would you do that?"

I looked at him as if he was an idiot. Because yes, he's an idiot. "Are you kidding me? I thought something happened to you that's fucking why."

There was a sudden faint hint of a smirk on his face as if what I said amused him. As angry as I was, seeing his ridiculous smirk made my chest warm.

He seemed to be returning to his regular self. The medication must be wearing off.

I was taken back by how relieved I was.

"Are you saying you were worried about me?"

I crossed my arms over my chest, and yet, for some reason I couldn't look him in the eyes. "Shut up."

He walked over, to me in three quick steps, and before I could process what he was doing he bent down and kissed my cheek.

I took a sudden step back, surprised more than anything. I touched the spot on my cheek where his lips were, "What-"